TOTAL B.S. Now this is F'ed!

Akornpatch

Now this is total bullshit. They will try to do this with hemp and MJ seeds if and when they are legal to grow. SO hold tight to your genetics and make sure you grow out some seed crops. It's worth it to have some seeded bud one crop a year in my opinion. If they ever get patents on "Acapulco Gold" for instance, if you grow some then cross it with another(or it's self), they can come after you. That SUCKS.

Terminator seeds.
"Terminators, or GURTS (Genetic use REstriction Technologies), are a class of genetic engineering technologies which allow companies to introduce seeds whose sterile offspring cannot reproduce, preventing farmers from re-planting seeds from their harvest. The seeds could also be used to introduce specific traits which would only be triggered by the application of porprietary chemicals by the same companies. (Source: Ban Terminator, Canada)

In a major victory for activists and protestors around the world, Monsanto, a major investor in the Terminator technology has decidded not to market it; however, it'll still look into sterility research, which could mean that Monsanto's announcement is just a public relations exercise and they're waiting until current attention on the negativity surrounding Terminator technology has reduced.

However, even without Terminator technology, under patent laws of the US and Canada, and a number of other industrialized nations, it's illegal for farmers to re-use patented seeds or grow Monsanto's GM seed without signing a licensing agreement; hence, the underlying motives behind Terminator technologies are still acheived while being stacked against the farmer. In a prominent case, a Canadian farmer was found guilty of growing patented seeds, even though he didn't know it. The pollen from the patented canola seed from a nearby farm had pollinated with his and he ended up having to pay Monsanto for licensing and profit.

More info: www.banterminator.org

Yeah - Monsanto has 120 "Test farms" scattered all across North Dakota. (of course the locations are secret) - Gee, I wonder how many of those are conveniently located next to farms that are NOT growing Monsanto seeds... but will soon be "accidentally" pollinated by Monsanto GM crops and then have to pay that huge corporation damages?

Monsanto went out onto that farmers land without their knowledge or permission and took crop samples to "test" if any cross-pollination had occured, . and then they said the tests came back positive, and that farmer got sued.. How convenient!

Grrrrrrr......!!!!

Peace
MC

Yeah , that sucks for sure.

I'd counter sue Monsanto for damageing my seed crop with their unwanted pollen !

its basically banning evolution... scary stuff

Back
Top Bottom