Tough drug testing question

katherine

i have been going to a pain clinic for my pain medication for four or five years. last year they popped a suprise urine drug test. i testd positive for marijuana as i use it every day for pain management. i have been substituting my boyfriends clean urine for subsiquent ua's. i have him take a couple of vicodin the afternoon or night before the test. so it tests positive for the vicodin and no marijuana. this has worked fine, but i am worried about a blood test. is there a detox for thc only? leaving the vicodin in my blood alone?

Try niacin. You can get it at Wallgreens. I'm pretty sure that it acts as an antioxidant. If you take it at the last minute, you'll probably have to take more than the recommended dose. After taking it, you should begin to feel a tingling sensation all throughout your body. I myself have never had to take it before a drug test, but one of my best friends swears by it.

Mayo Clinic

Niacin overdose is unlikely if you take niacin only in the amount prescribed by your doctor. In recommended doses, niacin is an effective treatment for high cholesterol, high blood fats (lipids) and niacin deficiency.

You may have heard that too much niacin can be harmful because of Internet rumors. The rumors falsely state that by taking a large amount of niacin, people can flush the chemicals that show they've used marijuana out of their bodies before they take a drug test. No studies have shown that niacin can do this, and this can be very dangerous because it may lead to niacin overdose.

Signs and symptoms of a niacin overdose include:

* Rapid heartbeat
* Skin flushing combined with dizziness
* Itching
* Nausea and vomiting
* Abdominal pain
* Diarrhea
* Severe liver damage (hepatoxicity)

If you're concerned about a potential niacin overdose, talk to your doctor to make sure you're taking the correct amount. If you think you may have overdosed, seek medical attention immediately.

A friend of mine uses antibiotics to mask the marijuana on urine tests but for blood tests? I just got hospitalized recently and they did all these tests including a blood test. I am a heavy marijuana smoker but it was never revealed on the results.

Back
Top Bottom