Transplant HELP?

Arsenal420

This is my first time growing and I have 2 plants that I started randomly one day kinda as a joke then they didnt look so bad and here I am.
The plants are both 1 month old and are looking pretty healthy the soil is too bad but I just mixed up an organic blend from a recipe (thanks Danny Danko) and I'm ready to transplant them to their final pots (5 gal w/holes).
I'm growing outdoor in a truly Southeastern hot sunny humid atmosphere. I plan on forcing flowering by bringing them in @ night a month or so from now

Questions: Do I need to do it at night ?
Do I need to water extra the day before and after?
Does Superthrive work fine/ does it affect sex/or ph balance?
Do I need to avoid direct sun light for a few days after?
Just a few questions I had, any tips or ideas would be greatly helpful.:roorrip:

Re: Transplant HELP ?!?

This is my first time growing and I have 2 plants that I started randomly one day kinda as a joke then they didnt look so bad and here I am.
The plants are both 1 month old and are looking pretty healthy the soil is too bad but I just mixed up an organic blend from a recipe (thanks Danny Danko) and I'm ready to transplant them to their final pots (5 gal w/holes).
I'm growing outdoor in a truly Southeastern hot sunny humid atmosphere. I plan on forcing flowering by bringing them in @ night a month or so from now

Questions: Do I need to do it at night ?
Do I need to water extra the day before and after?
Does Superthrive work fine/ does it affect sex/or ph balance?
Do I need to avoid direct sun light for a few days after?
Just a few questions I had, any tips or ideas would be greatly helpful.:roorrip:

To begin, make you give them a good soaking, let the water drain for a few minutes before you begib. When I transplant, I like to take a pot that is the same size as the existing one, put in the new pot and then fill around it with the new soil - in other words I use it to make the hole in the new pot. After you have prepared the new pot, turn the plants upside down and they should just slide out without much effort. With the right amount of water they will slide out as if you took sizzors and cut the old pot from it. Once you have them in the pot, fill in around them and give them another good soak.
For me the best time to transplant is just before the lights come on, for outside that would be in the very earlt hours of the day. If your plants are used to direct sunlight, then no problems, they can go right back to it. If they aren't, then you need to get them accumated to it, a few hours at a time.
SuperThrive: I am sure that you will find as many people who will tell not to use it as those who do, but I always like to add it during transplants. Just a little in the second soak will do it
My concern here is the soil mix. Don't know your recipe, but if it is really rich as compared to the existing soil, you can burn your plants and everything you just did to help could kill. This of course is dependant on what the old soil was and the strain. Some strains that I have grown take off with the new mix, others will just die. Remember, if your soil is full of organic nutes and is too strong, it is very hard to flush the nutes out, if not impossible
Good luck, and I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom