Transplanting clone in soil to coco & perlite

greenleafpharm

Hey guys, so the guy Im getting clones from has them in solo cups with promix. I want to grow in 70/30 coco/perlite. I've read that I should shale all the dirt off without messing up the rootball. Is this the best way?? or is putting it straight in coco better for the plant?
Also, will either way hurt my plant too much? Im aware its cause it shock but if i do it all right, they should run smoothly in coco right? Thanks !!

Well depends how big the clone is. I would refrain on pulling them out unless your sure it got noticible growth going in, that way your sure it's got good roots. Too many ppl get clones and stunt them bad as they expect the roots are well established and thy are not ready. So once you know that. Honestly a solo cup size of soil. I would just leave it. If you lift it out of the cup and only see a few roots don't break it up. You are more likely to tear roots off. If it's wrapped good in roots the way you want you don't want to tear up roots to get soil out either. If you got good roots pick the loose surface soil off. Or ph some water and rinse a little bit off it's just not worth the effort or risk. If your going to micro manage daily watering in coco as some people do. That may be why you may think you may have to. When in actuality mixing different sub straits a little can be beneficial.

yes thats what i was worrying about. Ill be feeding two times a day, so I was scared the promix would affect the ph/nutrients for the plant.

Ph nutrient will not be the issue, it's possible root rot. If your doing 2 a day as long as you get a little extra out. Some will rinse down thru the coco anyway at that rate of watering. Rinse off only what is practical then and dont think you have to get it all. as for ph requirements in soil don't worry about it. If a small batch of soil pulls nutrients from a different available band. The may actually benefit the plant. After the clone is setteled in for 2weeks it won't matter regardless.

Back
Top Bottom