Transplanting question

VegasGrown420

So, this morning when I check on my plants I noticed some of my plants in veg started tilting, kind of like they were limp. So I transplanted them into bigger pots. My question is will transplanting them elevate the tilting?

Thanks

depends. When you transplanted them how deep did you bury the stem? I ask cause when transplanting its best to bury the stem up to about a 1/2 inch to the lowest set of leaves.

I did not bury them 1/2 below the leaves. On one of them I used a chopsticks to help hold it straight. But the plant isn't dependent on it.

Ok that could be half your problem then. When transplanting at any stage you want to bury as much of the stem as possible. I like to equate it to putting up a fence. You need to bury your fence posts deep and cement them in place, other wise your fence will lean and fall down. Think of the stem as your fence post and roots as cement. When you bury your stem you not only give it stability by depth but your stem surface you have now buried is also now a new surface from which the plant can grow roots. Roots are your cement as as such they help bind the plant to the ground.

How ever when you don't bury your stems your not giving your plant any of these added benefits. Instead of having your stem in the middle of a root mass with tons of support the whole weight of your plants will now sit on top of your root mass and will topple over.

It'sChrome is a smart man, I'd listen to his advice.

It's really hard to determine what the problem might be w/o more info or some pictures. If you can get some pics that would help a ton. If not I would just do what Chrome said, burying your stem deeper will not hurt anything..just don't bury any foliage.

:peace:

Marley

keep in mind you also need enough space for new root devolopment as the plant matures
i wouldnt suggest burrying it up to 1/2 below the first set of leaves in all scenarios because the first set of leaves could be 8 inches from the top of soil,

depending on the size of your pot and your plants, i would have anywhere from 4-6 inches of soil on top of the root mass, but the bigger and heavier your plants are, the deeper the root mass is going to need buried

I don't have much space to work with so I really don't want to go any bigger than a 1-2 gallon bucket (for now anyways). Does the amount of soil you use matter too? I could add pictures if it would help..

Your yield is going to suffer greatly aince you are depriving your roots of the ample amount of space....with more room the plants will grow more foliage and the faster it will grow...you do not want your roots clustered up at the bottom of your pot

I'll go to 5 gallon buckets when i get HID's. but the buckets that their in now the roots have plenty room to grow in. The stem just continues to tilt.

you must use something to help support the stalk of your plant until the roots dig themselves deep enough into the soil to support it, this may take some time, be patient my friend

also i dont remember you mentioning, at what stage of maturity are you plants currently in? veg,end of veg, beginning of bloom, mid of bloom?

I have a chopstick holding the stem.. however the stem is not dependent of the chopstick. I'm in veg 2 weeks out of germ.

Back
Top Bottom