Trimming

Css1982

Two of my plants are growing a some good under growth from where I did some FIM should i trim for new growth to get light or just tie big fan leafs back to allow light?also should i take off any bottom branches close to the soil to allow more growth to the top main branches?
919d8838bc1f4fe7c65ea075c755d13b.jpg
8702273e7bced99bb3b78d0c50f77e3f.jpg

I would say that is not being enough to be worried about any of that yet. Eventually there will be a time to do that and what you want to do is fan leaf tucking but not pruning. You don't want to take off upper leaves where all the photosynthesis is happening. Taking of bottom leaves doesn't help at all.

There are reasons and times to take off leaves and you are not there yet.

As the plant grows some leaves will not get much light and they will start to yellow and come off naturally... that is ok. if they are blocked from the light and not working the plant is reabsorbing the stored up nutes so let the plant do that and when it gently comes off in the hand the plant is done with it.

Keep topping your branches after 3-4 nodes for a bit. After it gets bushy try to take out tops that are taking off to keep and even canopy. Never take of more than 15% of a pant in a week.

Once she is ready for bloom, if things are good, you will want to lollipoop the undergrowth which should be done around the time you flip. (look up lollipoping on youtube) There are many opinions on this. I like to do it about a week before I flip the lights and that is where I get my clones from. Many people like to do it a week into bloom when stretch has defined the plant well. The reason I do it a week before bloom is that way after stretch is done I can do a smallish final lollipoping and not cut much off and not stunt or impact growth in bloom.

There is a very advanced technique for pruning that is controversial and most people, even experienced people, screw it up which reduces yield. I wouldn't even try to explain it unless you were and advanced grower.

Cannabis likes to be left alone, just remember that.

:peace:

Ok well now that leads me to a two part question.What is the best way to tuck water leaves?and how long does it typically take for a plant to recover after doing something like topping or FIM? I want to start flowering in about a week or so but not sure if they r ready

So tucking is literally pushing it down under a branch below to let the branch node get light. if there is no branch below to push it under then it is best to let the leaf keep working. that is why I said you aint there yet. you need bigger branches before you start forcibly sacrificing those leaves. If tucking is done effectively it will do as I explained an start yellowing after some time and the nutes get reabsorbed.

You want to be sure that the plant is not less than 4 weeks old when going into flower but at the size you show you will be cutting off a lot of yield going in 1 week from now.

Topping and FIMing can be done different ways and some are less stressful than others. So the answer about rebound varies but usually it is back up and running in less than a week if all is good.

Ok thank u my plants are almost 5 weeks I think I may have stunted growth by topping a few of the branches that were exposed when I did a LST of the main stem so maybe that is why I'm experiencing a slow in growth

If you take your time and add like 2 weeks to veg you will double your yield. Don't get impatient. Patience is the most important tool you have in growing cannabis.

Till it is ready is what I am saying.

I don't know what you are doing right and wrong. You could start a journal and I could teach you. it all depends on how happy the plant is. I suspect you are overfeeding it nitrogen right now which isn't helping but I am not certain. That stunts growth. Also low humidity stunts growth as well ads non optimal temps. Lots of things slow down growth. I will tell you I just finished a monster that I only vegged for 6 weeks. But in that 6 weeks I SCROGed it huge because it was a happy 6 weeks with a big light.

The thing is really you want to look how much space you have. If it is growing very well it could triple in size in bloom. Likely not going to happen but it probably will double. So think about that and be cautious so you don't burn the top and may it a hermi and figure out how tall you can get it before blooming it. Then you know how long to go.

So one more question if u don't mind it's a little off topic I have some jungle juice grow 2-1-6 and I have age old 12-6-6 I have been useing the jungle juice on my plant I think is a male and have it growing in my Sun room just off window light and the age old on my gals under the t5s what is the best one to use?

I don't understand the question. What is the best one to use for what?

Males and Females have the same needs in veg and basically the same needs in bloom. There are nutes meant for veg and nutes meant for bloom. Use the correct nute for the current stage of growth.

The one you show in the pic is too green I think. It is a sign of too much nitrogen. Cannabis should be vibrant bright green not dark green. That is an early indication of too much nitrogen. Too much nitrogen stunts growth amongst other things. That is really important to have in veg so I would just let it be for a while as it probably is good to go for a bit.

A good soil blend needs practically no nutes in veg. I have a complex one going now that should need no fertilizers the entire grow.

Back
Top Bottom