True Plant Age?

TheGeek

I see many people refer to the age of plant as Day # Germination, Day # Seedling, Week # Veg, Week # Flower are these indication of manual manipulation or are they the true age of the plant? The reason why I ask is, I am trying to keep track of the age of my plants, but they seem to be a week or two behind most "comparable" pictures.

When is the plant officially 1 week old? I've been told upon sprout and upon second set of leaves. Here is a Sativa that was germinated on 1/20. If we eliminate one week from that date, the whole sprouting process, would the plant be 4 weeks going on 5 weeks? That would make a lot more sense than 5 weeks going on 6 weeks based on this picture:

16809.jpg

Sweet Seeds Botafumeiros

It's a little tricky... if your beans popped for example say 42 days ago, it's 42 days from seed. If you want to look at it in its main phases you have veg and flower. And it all depends how you look at it. If in veg figure by after a couple of weeks it's got roots and true leaves and no longer considered a seedling. And in flower you have from flip to 12/12 or first sign of pistils. We go by first sign of pistils. So if it took ten days to show pistils and it was say 25 days from flip you can say 25 days 12/12 or 15 days flowering if you go from first pistils. Dw about how old your vegging plants are just remember to accommodate the stretch when you flip. From seed or clones? Usually from seed you would say x days or weeks whatever from seed and x days or weeks from flip or x days from pistils. There are different ways to count your plants age but hey it's just a number if she's got pistils on her buds, go play!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's a little tricky... if your beans popped for example say 42 days ago, it's 42 days from seed. If you want to look at it in its main phases you have veg and flower. And it all depends how you look at it. If in veg figure by after a couple of weeks it's got roots and true leaves and no longer considered a seedling. And in flower you have from flip to 12/12 or first sign of pistils. We go by first sign of pistils. So if it took ten days to show pistils and it was say 25 days from flip you can say 25 days 12/12 or 15 days flowering if you go from first pistils. Dw about how old your vegging plants are just remember to accommodate the stretch when you flip. From seed or clones? Usually from seed you would say x days or weeks whatever from seed and x days or weeks from flip or x days from pistils. There are different ways to count your plants age but hey it's just a number if she's got pistils on her buds, go play!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here is a close-up picture:

IMG_0318_1_3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom