Trying to help cancer victim (my best friend)

southernhigh

Hi - I'm new to your community. I smoked pot about 30 years ago and I had several batches of crazy brownies. Enjoyed it all! But since then, my jobs have required drug tests and I haven't been able to use mj. About 6 weeks ago, my best friend, Martha, was diagnosed with bile duct cancer. She is on chemo and radiation, plus she had surgery to remove a large cancerous tumor attached to her hip. She has been so nauseated and unable to eat that she lost 40 pounds. Her doctor has just prescribed Marinol 3Xday and it seems to be helping. I am going to visit her in a few days and would like to make some brownies or coffee cream that could help her. But I don't want to make it too strong. Her Marinol is 5 grams, I think. She says she has never smoked mj. It's been so long for me, I don't have a clue how much would be enough or how much would be too strong. I will have 1/2 ounce of nice stuff to use. Can anybody help me out here?

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure that you will find the info you are looking for here. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

i cant make a suggestion on the strength of meds for your friend but if i was making the goods i would make it too strong and your buddy can just start off taking a 1/4 dose ... 1/2 or whatever is necessary... or if your friend is gonna take too much, dilute it a lot and they can keep eating til they feel good... hope that helps :D

ive had enough experience with pills and doses i can give you an estimate im mg, or ppm, or something...if you give me the dosage of marinol for your friend i think i can help...

tell me the strain and ill find out the %THC by mass or volume and ill tell you a good mix for the food for your friend

you got me all worked up about numbers and...

i checked up on marinol pills and the most common doses...they are between 2.5mg and 10mg per dose, the common dose being about 5mg.

its not too hard to replicate in food however from what i have read, this available pill form seems to lack many of the beneficial naturally occurring reagents in the buds that influence mood and reaction to medical MJ.

so... . . if you smoke with your friend or eat with them the bud may hit em a lot harder than the pills, then again it may effect em a lot less or in a much more positive way...i would say assume a 2.5mg pill is for beginners and a 10mg pill is for daily smokers. use your own judgement and if you make some primo munchies i dont think your friend will complain too much :)

Thank all of you for your help. I read all of my posts and came up with a recipe for the brownies. I visited Martha about 3 weeks ago and made her a pan of brownies. We never had a quiet moment to ourselves to smoke. I left them with her after I tried one out one night to make sure they weren't too strong. Before I left, I quartered the brownies (thought they were a little strong). She was eating one before dinner every day. I'm very sad to say that Martha passed away last Friday (11/13/09). It was a real shock. She was my best friend. Thank you for helping me out. southernhigh

I'm sorry for your loss. You did the best you could for her, and I'm sure it made her last days easier.

Back
Top Bottom