Two of them finally cracked!

potgoblin

if you read my last post in here 420 guys id bin asking for advice on germinating seeds as i was having no luck

well after 8 long days 2 of the seeds have started showing signs of germination!!

its a poor result from 11 so far but 2 of them have split open and i can see white which im hoping is the tap root

Questions: what should i do now??

is it a good idea to let them sit in the water any longer as thats what seemed to do the trick to crack them

or should i plant them straight away and hope for seedlings???

all advice and help u can please everyone :)
:peacetwo:

Re: Two of them finally cracked!!!

Ive been waiting 5 days for signs on cracking on my 7 that I have in a glass of water...usually never takes this long. But once they do crack I let them sit in the water until the taproot is about a half in. and then plant them.

Ive been waiting 5 days for signs on cracking on my 7 that I have in a glass of water...usually never takes this long. But once they do crack I let them sit in the water until the taproot is about a half in. and then plant them.

so that white part is the tap root? should i still leave them in darkness for the time being as well? :thanks:

Ya, that is the taproot that you are seeing, and I would also keep them in the dark until you plant. Light hitting any part of the root is not good for it from my understandings.

Ya, that is the taproot that you are seeing, and I would also keep them in the dark until you plant. Light hitting any part of the root is not good for it from my understandings.

right cheers for the advice dgaf88 :) hopefuly theyl have a root showing by tomorrow morning!

Back
Top Bottom