Typical cost of Cannabis across the world

There are states that do more than a billion dollars of business selling at that price. There are a lot of people that are willing to pay the premium for commerical weed.
I do know this to be true but just doesn't make sense. In a legal state where you can buy, why would more people not be growing their own?

Where????, as far as I'm aware a gram anywhere in northern europe starts from 10 euros and top shelf way more than that up to 14 to 16 euros per gram.

And in my area, even more rural and away from tourism than my cousin Del Monte, it is a little cheaper: abroad between €1 and €3 per gram; I think that the interior one is from €3 per gram onwards...

The escalation of prices that you mention begins before crossing the border, in tourist areas and/or large cities; but the real jump in prices occurs when crossing the border with France, and from there, towards the North: this has favored the entry of drug trafficking mafias into the world of marijuana (with all its disastrous consequences, including murders, which which was inconceivable here or among criminals not many years ago) being the most juicy targets the Dutch markets (the traditional one), and the thriving British and German... Not long ago, the police had to seriously intervene, because the Mexican "Sinaloa Cartel" was making large purchases of land and farms, in order to dominate this market:

News > World

Network linked to the Sinaloa Cartel dismantled in Spain :

rcotrxfico_foto_el_siglo_de_torrexn.jpg_1718483347.jpg

The operation, in which more than 200 troops took part, covered 13 towns in the provinces of Madrid and Guadalajara. | Photo: The Century of Torreón

Posted June 5, 2022 :
font_size_up.png_1824376009.png

They arrest 24 members of the criminal organization, who had companies to launder money in Spain, Colombia, Switzerland and Portugal.

The National Police of Spain formed this Sunday the dismantling of an international criminal organization linked to the Sinaloa Cartel and dedicated to drug trafficking.

In the operation where more than 200 agents participated, 24 individuals were arrested, firearms of various calibers were seized, 20 bank accounts were blocked, and 17 luxury cars and homes, valued at 7.5 million dollars, were seized.
In addition, a ton of marijuana and 37 kg of cocaine were seized (these in the home of the leader of the network), two greenhouses for growing marijuana and two laboratories to process the cocaine that were later distributed were dismantled.
1672480538593.png

The operation covered 13 towns in the provinces of Madrid and Guadalajara (downtown). The Customs Surveillance Service of the Tax Agency also participated.
The Police announced that the criminal organization had a structure of companies in Spain, Colombia, Switzerland and Portugal, through which they laundered the money they obtained.
According to the press, the origin of the investigation dates back to 2020, when it was detected that Mexican citizens from Sinaloa arrived in Madrid and began working on large marijuana plantations in Guadalajara.

1672480964609.png

To establish themselves, the group, linked to Mexican cartels, bribed officials to obtain documentation. He then set up companies in Spain, Portugal and Switzerland to acquire businesses and launder money.

The authorities verified that they established links with Spanish citizens and foreigners with records and convictions for drug trafficking, who helped them enter the market.

Later, they began using “mules” from South America to pack cocaine base into coffee packets and sell them to people in Croatia and the Netherlands. His network of vendors in Madrid even introduced the drug into prisons.

After the operation, the Spanish authorities sent European investigation orders and letters rogatory to other countries, including Mexico, with the purpose of starting other investigations into activities carried out by this criminal organization.

Del Monte and I live in an area of the country equivalent to the North American "Emerald Triangle" before any legalization, formed by, more or less, the provinces of Almería, Granada, Málaga, Jaén, Córdoba, Ciudad Real and Badajoz; I think that from just that small part of the country more marijuana goes to the rest of Europe than from all of Albania.

Taking Jaén as the "center" of this area, there are those who humorously refer to it as "Jaénmaika"...

Probably for the same reason not many people brew their own beer. It takes effort, knowledge and skill. So much easier to walk into a store and buy it if money is not tight.
Key part of that phrase "if money is not tight". Yes, a little effort, but knowledge and skill will follow, for the most part. Really don't need a big set up to grow a couple of nice colas.

Key part of that phrase "if money is not tight".

There are a lot of people with tight budgets that are spending $500 a month or more on store bought weed. Not everyone makes fiscally responsible decisions. They could be lazy. They might not have enough space to grow. There could be a lot of different reasons.

I save thousands of dollars growing my own. It's also an interesting hobby. Store weed is only bought if I want to check out a new strain.

There are a lot of people with tight budgets that are spending $500 a month or more on store bought weed. Not everyone makes fiscally responsible decisions. They could be lazy. They might not have enough space to grow. There could be a lot of different reasons.

I save thousands of dollars growing my own. It's also an interesting hobby. Store weed is only bought if I want to check out a new strain.
It would be so sad not to be able to grow. My top stress relieving hobby. Crazy, $500 a month, especially on a budget. My kit cost maybe a grand total, many years ago. Been producing a couple + lbs. a year ever since. Only reason I know any outside costs at all is because I ran short this past season. I do know one thing for sure, I much prefer my own bud to the dried up nuggets for sale, either at a gov. outlet or otherwise. Its been many a year since I have had to purchase any smoke, the quality sure has taken a shite. lol

And in my area, even more rural and away from tourism than my cousin Del Monte, it is a little cheaper: abroad between €1 and €3 per gram; I think that the interior one is from €3 per gram onwards...

The escalation of prices that you mention begins before crossing the border, in tourist areas and/or large cities; but the real jump in prices occurs when crossing the border with France, and from there, towards the North: this has favored the entry of drug trafficking mafias into the world of marijuana (with all its disastrous consequences, including murders, which which was inconceivable here or among criminals not many years ago) being the most juicy targets the Dutch markets (the traditional one), and the thriving British and German... Not long ago, the police had to seriously intervene, because the Mexican "Sinaloa Cartel" was making large purchases of land and farms, in order to dominate this market:

News > World

Network linked to the Sinaloa Cartel dismantled in Spain :

rcotrxfico_foto_el_siglo_de_torrexn.jpg_1718483347.jpg

The operation, in which more than 200 troops took part, covered 13 towns in the provinces of Madrid and Guadalajara. | Photo: The Century of Torreón

Posted June 5, 2022 :
font_size_up.png_1824376009.png

They arrest 24 members of the criminal organization, who had companies to launder money in Spain, Colombia, Switzerland and Portugal.

The National Police of Spain formed this Sunday the dismantling of an international criminal organization linked to the Sinaloa Cartel and dedicated to drug trafficking.

In the operation where more than 200 agents participated, 24 individuals were arrested, firearms of various calibers were seized, 20 bank accounts were blocked, and 17 luxury cars and homes, valued at 7.5 million dollars, were seized.
In addition, a ton of marijuana and 37 kg of cocaine were seized (these in the home of the leader of the network), two greenhouses for growing marijuana and two laboratories to process the cocaine that were later distributed were dismantled.
1672480538593.png

The operation covered 13 towns in the provinces of Madrid and Guadalajara (downtown). The Customs Surveillance Service of the Tax Agency also participated.
The Police announced that the criminal organization had a structure of companies in Spain, Colombia, Switzerland and Portugal, through which they laundered the money they obtained.
According to the press, the origin of the investigation dates back to 2020, when it was detected that Mexican citizens from Sinaloa arrived in Madrid and began working on large marijuana plantations in Guadalajara.

1672480964609.png

To establish themselves, the group, linked to Mexican cartels, bribed officials to obtain documentation. He then set up companies in Spain, Portugal and Switzerland to acquire businesses and launder money.

The authorities verified that they established links with Spanish citizens and foreigners with records and convictions for drug trafficking, who helped them enter the market.

Later, they began using “mules” from South America to pack cocaine base into coffee packets and sell them to people in Croatia and the Netherlands. His network of vendors in Madrid even introduced the drug into prisons.

After the operation, the Spanish authorities sent European investigation orders and letters rogatory to other countries, including Mexico, with the purpose of starting other investigations into activities carried out by this criminal organization.

Del Monte and I live in an area of the country equivalent to the North American "Emerald Triangle" before any legalization, formed by, more or less, the provinces of Almería, Granada, Málaga, Jaén, Córdoba, Ciudad Real and Badajoz; I think that from just that small part of the country more marijuana goes to the rest of Europe than from all of Albania.

Taking Jaén as the "center" of this area, there are those who humorously refer to it as "Jaénmaika"...

I think its time I moved to Spain 🤔

I have no idea what the local dispensaries here are getting. Street prices last time I checked are about $200-$250per ounce sometimes less sometimes more.

I have been in dispensaries in CO and AZ. I was not overly impressed but I was on vacation and I don't travel with weed so...... Dispencery weed seems overly dry and unimpressive visually with the product that I have seen. Smell is very muted as well.

Back in the 80's-90's it was all over the map and so was the quality. You went from top shelf sensi to Mexican dirt weed as the supply ebb-ed and flowed but prices back then were $40-$150 per ounce.

I was completely out of the scene until my pancreas took a dive and I got back into it and started growing my own back in 2017. I only grow one run per year and that is enough to last me and a friend. I haven't nailed down the exact cost yet but with LED's in coco my electric bill increases about $30-$40 per month. Extra water costs are negligible. When I do hydro the electric goes up another $30 or so. I stopped using RO water so that expense dropped.

Growing your own is the only afordable way to partake. I know people that spend upwards of $500 a month buying it. That is nether smart financially but you are at the whim of what you can get when you go to buy.

Back
Top Bottom