U.S. - What's This World Coming To! CA Pot Crackdown???

Pinch

Mendocino, Calif. - Mendocino officials aren't rolling over for pot dealers they claim are exploiting medical marijuana laws.

The authorities with a reputation for going easy on pot have been cracking down.

In February, Mendocino County sheriff's deputies shut down a cannabis club near Ukiah that sold marijuana to undercover agents, and seized 845 plants.

Earlier this week, police arrested two Berkeley residents who said the 44 pounds of pot in the trunk of their rented car were headed to an Alameda County cannabis club.

"I was actually very surprised the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office would encumber someone who was bringing medical marijuana to a legitimate dispensary," said Bob Swanson, a spokesman for Alameda County Supervisor Nathan Miley.

Swanson called authorities to lobby for the release of Winslow Norton, 24, owner of the Compassionate Collective of Alameda County, and his girlfriend, Jessica Gibson, 20. They'll remain in county jail at least until a hearing on Monday.

"I don't know what's going on in Mendocino County," he said.

The county has a reputation for being lenient with pot growers. Officials willingly implemented Proposition 215, which legalized marijuana for medical use.

Shortly after the measure was approved, Mendocino County's sheriff instituted identification cards to protect medical marijuana patients from prosecution.

But Rick Martin, assistant district attorney for Mendocino County, said people are pushing the legal boundaries too far.

"I think some people are looking at medical marijuana as a free ride. That's not the purpose of the law," Martin said.

Source: The Press Democrat
Copyright: ©2005 Associated Press
Website: https://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/04/16/state/n223626D04.DTL

hey pigs! im right above mendicino county! dont even think of pulling shit up here, cuz us potheads will turn ugly...

sucks, my grandpa lives in Ukiah

at leats ca HAS a medpot law.......

in tn if you get caught with a joint roach you can go to jail....... i know from experience - i spent 27hours in lockup for a roach the size of my fingernail.....

but in cali i got caught with almost an oz. and all they did was take it from us -

FelixTheKwat said:
at leats ca HAS a medpot law.......

in tn if you get caught with a joint roach you can go to jail....... i know from experience - i spent 27hours in lockup for a roach the size of my fingernail.....

but in cali i got caught with almost an oz. and all they did was take it from us -

Wow.. TN cops must be really bored to make such a piss-ant bust as yours! Was it really worth all the paperwork it must have generated? :hmmmm:

Damn it, pack up and move West young man! :peace: Pinch (IMC)

FelixTheKwat said:
here you can get put in jail for having a few seeds.

Back
Top Bottom