UFO LED light question

Sypherz

Ok So I Started A Thread But Forgot To Ask AN Important Question.. This Is For The Guys Who Have Grown With The Ufo Led Lights.. Are They Better Than Cfls? And I Will Be Constructing A Stealth Box That Is Going To Be 15" X 15" X 40" Tall.. If U Can Make Any Suggestions Please Let Me Know.. Im Very Familiar With Light Spectrum Except For Leds.. So If U Have GrownWith An Led Or Ufo In A Small Space Please Give Me Some Advice.. Im On A Limited Budget But Have Found Some Ufo Bulbs On Ebay For Decent Price But I Also Looked At The Mars Reflector Series.. Thanks In Advance.. Also I Have Decided To Go With Nirvana Seeds So Hopefully All Will Go Well.. I Just Want My Setup To Be Right Before I Start Since I Will Prob Run Into Enough Problems Durinh The Grow.. And With Nutes I Found The "Dirty Dozen" By Ff But Not Sure If I Need That Or Just The Basic 3

Haven't used the ufo led, but if you're on a budget, the MarsHydro 300w leds can be purchased for $65 on the bay. They're the old style white leds 60x5w, and pull about 135 wall watts. Best bang for your buck.

Haven't used the ufo led, but if you're on a budget, the MarsHydro 300w leds can be purchased for $65 on the bay. They're the old style white leds 60x5w, and pull about 135 wall watts. Best bang for your buck.

What this guy said ^^^

I grow in a box that is 24" x 24" x 30" tall and use a marsll 400w. Cost 185usd direct from mars hydro. I got light a plenty. I started with a 100 x 3w unbranded unit in the same space and it did the job very well.

Yeah I used 2 of the mars hydro 300w in my 31"x31" tent with 3 plants. 1 will be plenty in your space. I would recommend a little taller box if you can. You want to maintain about 12" space from your light and the top of the plants. If the lights mounted directly on the top of your box, and your pot/container is 12" tall, that only leaves you with 16" of plant space. Another foot gives you more manageable space to work with.

For info, this is how my light is mounted

DSC_098511.JPG
DSC_09847.JPG
DSC_098612.JPG

That cabinet is AWESOME!

:thanks:

Reall Nice Setup.. I May Consider Going Taller Now.. What Type Of Fan Do You Use For Exhaust?

I would go taller if you can, I have quite the challenge keeping my girls short enough. My fan is a 4" 105 cfm and filter combo bought for 35 English pounds off a well known auction site.

Are U Going To Hang On To Ur Old Light? Or Are U Looking To Part With it

I will be hanging onto my old unit as it will be good as a back up if my mars gets an issue.

Where Did U Get The Ufo? What Brand And How Much Do They Run As Far As Price?

Found it online, ( have to give me a day or two to see if I can find the maker )

Cost me about $150.00 dollars to get it to Alaska, ( thats total cost with shipping )

Its a pretty good unit, but its just for the novice, just someone that is playing around on thier first grow, this is not for the person that wants a major crop.

The unit has 3 built in fans and can give minamal air flow.

Back
Top Bottom