UK - Cannabis Factory Found In Egham Council House

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A visit to an 'empty' council house on an Egham estate uncovered a cannabis factory in two converted bedrooms.

An estimated 200 plants and associated hydroponics equipment were found upstairs when Surrey Police entered the property in Spring Avenue.

The alarm was raised first by neighbours, concerned about the appearance of two 'ventilation' holes in the roof of the house, which had been empty for about three months. Surrey Police attended the property first with officers from Runnymede Borough Council on January 1, but no one answered, so they returned on Tuesday to gain entry.

A spokesman for Surrey Police said: "The elderly neighbours had raised concerns about the two holes in the roof and the property being empty that it might get damaged by the rain. So we came to investigate with officers from the council as it is a council-owned property. From the council's point of view, if the rent is being paid on time, then they don't know that anything is wrong."

They added that the suspect, or suspects, could have used the cover of darkness to attend the site and maintain the plants.

A pensioner, living across from the site said he was living in fear on the estate. He said: "I don't see anything at all, there's coming and going, but I don't know what's going on. There's so many cars here now you don't know who belongs to what. I'm too scared to go out on my own here now, I'm terrified."

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: stainesnews.co.uk
Author: Russell Butt
Copyright: 2011 Trinity Mirror Southern Ltd.

Back
Top Bottom