UK law on Cannabis?

CrixxzeH

Hey 420Magazine, I just wanted to ask what is the standing law on Cannabis in the Uknited Kingdom?.. The reason I wanted to ask this is becuase the ammount of times I have asked people from the Uk if it's legal to have grow's here for personal, and some people have said yes it's perfectly legal to have 2 plants if it's for personal :eek:..

so please 420magazine, shed some light on this topic xD

The reason I wanted to ask this is becuase the ammount of times I have asked people from the Uk if it's legal to have grow's here for personal, and some people have said yes it's perfectly legal to have 2 plants if it's for personal :eek:..
That is not exactly true. Found this for you:

On 24 January 2012: The Sentencing Council issued 'Update 6' of their sentencing guidelines. In the update it states that for the cultivation of cannabis, when the offender has a 'Lesser role' (including things like growing solely for personal use, being forced to do it etc) and the offence is category 4 (the production of 9 plants or less, assuming 40g or less per plant) the starting point for sentencing is a 'band c fine' (150% of your weekly income, after tax), decreasing to 'discharge' or increasing to 'low level community order' (community service, curfew, attendance centre or similar for a small amount of time) depending on other mitigating or aggravating factors such as theft of electricity, the presence of children or whether the offender has grown the plants for use in the treatment of a valid medical condition.

On 24 January 2012: The Sentencing Council issued 'Update 6' of their sentencing guidelines. In the update it states that for the cultivation of cannabis, when the offender has a 'Lesser role' (including things like growing solely for personal use, being forced to do it etc) and the offence is category 4 (the production of 9 plants or less, assuming 40g or less per plant) the starting point for sentencing is a 'band c fine' (150% of your weekly income, after tax), decreasing to 'discharge' or increasing to 'low level community order' (community service, curfew, attendance centre or similar for a small amount of time) depending on other mitigating or aggravating factors such as theft of electricity, the presence of children or whether the offender has grown the plants for use in the treatment of a valid medical condition.

+reps sir

wow.. thanks BudBro for clearing that up mutch love :D#

funnily enough I found out where you are able to "purchase" a license to grow it (From the Home Office) here :
Fees | Home Office

it is currently at :

cultivate cannabis = £4,700
cultivate cannabis with a THC content not exceeding 0.2 per cent = £580

Extremely stupid uk law right here.

Lol I wonder if any organised crime people have managed to use those as 'loophole' so to speak.. ie they have a front company that is licensed or they are licensed for working/owning it, but also supply/import illegal substances.. then when they get to caught they have managed to get off on technicallity becuase of it..

EDIT;
I know that legally the police and other government agents need to get temp licenses when they are undercover and offering drugs to sell in sting/deep cover situations..

Back
Top Bottom