Ultimate Custom Grow Cabinet

BiteSizeFreak

So I've been researching tons and reading every piece of information I could find. I was originally going to purchase a "turn key" hydroponics cabinet and go from there but I decided I want to build me own. Being fairly industrious I feel it won't be too difficult.

My question to you all: What would be in your Ultimate Custom Grow Cabinet? Heater, A/C, Humidifier, Dehumidifier, 400w HPS, Climate Controls, type of hydroponics, etc... Price is of no concern to me. I live in Alaska so my climate is of concern, especially if I plan on keeping this cabinet in the garage. Obviously I'm planning on insulation and such considering it may be -10* or more outside of the cabinet.

Cabinet I will be using is 72 x 48 x 18. I want to grow at least 10 plants inside. Thank you!

Don't knowwich grow situation would work best for you BiteSizeFreak but I have had some great hydroponic weed. I'm old school, Alaskan Thunder Fuck is still a great strain in my book. SMOKEON, SAMWISEE. :roorrip:

Damn, you guys are letting me down. I was hoping to get some tips from people. Guess I'll try another forum. :(

Be patient, it's been the weekend

Forum members aren't necessarily free to post up just to keep you, or I, happy. Am sure someone will help if they can but you're asking a lot of input

I need an assist too but patience is a virtue :)

DB

If it is in your garage you can make a fake wall. Just make it look like your garage is a little bit shorter or narrower. You could do that In the house too.

Be patient, it's been the weekend

Forum members aren't necessarily free to post up just to keep you, or I, happy. Am sure someone will help if they can but you're asking a lot of input

I need an assist too but patience is a virtue :)

DB

You'll have to forgive me. I'm used to forums with several thousand members online nearly 'round the clock. I've gotten spoiled by quick responses :grinjoint:

No worries, am dead keen myself!

Sorry about the multiple posts, fricken smartphone was saying it was uploading and stalled each time... both me and my wife tried over a space of 2 fricken hours to make any posts and failed miserably... or so we thought :p

I like G-dog's idea on building a fake wall in the garage... Stealth growing is the way to go and making a false wall to grow behind sounds like a great idea.

I have had this idea floating around my head for some time now.

You could build a fake wall or chamber in a garage or any place in your home.

One idea I have is in a living room. You make a wall that is about three feet from a normal wall. Completely sheet rocked and finished like the rest of the house. You enter through the attic. You go into the attic in another part of the house and drop into the fake chamber from the attic. You have stairs or a ladder dropping you in. You can ventilate heat and smells up through the attic.

An arrangement like this would be stealth to family, friends and who ever else you do not want to know.

The problem with that is that I don't own my own place, I rent. That's why I want to build a cabinet that won't look out of place if my landlord stopped in and would be easy enough to transport should I move. I'm fine spending $2,000 - $3,000 pending I get something that will last me and have the ability to recoup my spending in a reasonable ammount of time. Like I said in my first post, I was going to buy a turn key but realized I could build my own and get everything they had plus more for the same or less money. Trying to brainstorm for ideas on what the perfect cabinet would contain.

Well you have the measurements of your cabinet, so just build one.

I like cheap and portable foam core with duct tape, but with HIDs not as good. You can make a tent with insulated foil they sell at the home stores or use plywood and paint it white. Hell you could build something like that with casters and just roll it any place you need it. If done right it will just look like a padlocked home made tool chest.

Sorry I wrote my idea about a false wall, but it is a fantasy of mine and someone asked.

Back
Top Bottom