DB's First Grow, White Russian Clones and Mystery Bagseed

DaveyBoy

I live a stupidly busy life and get little time to share my grow, which is a stealth grow, Secret Jardin DR80 with 2 x 125w blue cfl's, homemade reflector and carbon air scrubber.

Will make an effort to post up my pics and info soon, just wanted to start the thread so I can get up the first step.

DB

Right... decided to grow own as UK costs are staggering and quality and consistency are often v poor. Wife and I are fed up of being out or paying through the nose for crap weed.

My mother sadly passed just over 2 weeks ago and my garden is a welcome distraction.

Only concerns are the fact that it's not legal to own or grow here, but as I have only plans to keep and smoke it all for personal use, don't have bags and scales etc, that I'd get away with community service ay worst if caught.

Nobody but wife and v sensible brother know about it... and all of you, so shhhh! ;)

Ok, have the 2 clones and the mystery seed which is blatantly Indica.

Just bought some interim supplies which has seed, but is effin good stuff, nice and frosty, yay, so I'll soon have a third "flavour".

Add some pics later today

fed up of being out or paying through the nose for crap weed.
You too? Grow your own :cheer:
it's not legal to own or grow here
Most users are at risk, everywhere.
Many coppers seem to think that their opinion rates higher than law.

DR80s are good tents, WRs should do well and I want to watch :popcorn:

Thanks for stopping by Gator, will do my best to give a good show!

Bag seed plant was around 12th August and clones purloined on or around the 20th.

Have been light to average with nutrients, but using BioBizz Root Juice and Superthrive when transferring to new pots.

Have also been playing with LST, and trying to figure a way out how to run a veg set up and use the tent to flower... could perhaps use the end of hall cupboard but difficult when my daughters come to visit if I have to explain what the spooky white light is coming from around the door frame.

Other issue is curing... I may have to go the route of a cardboard box with washing lines and some Ona gel to cover up the stink.

Uploading some pics now too;

White Russian cloned earmarked for motherhood

IMAG0971.jpg

Indica mystery bagseed

IMAG0966.jpg

WR clone, runt?

IMAG0967.jpg

WR Mother again

IMAG0956.jpg

Dave's Dodgy DIY Reflector

IMAG0972.jpg

If you flower rooted but not vegged cuttings, you can dense-pack them 4 or 5 per sq ft, and finish them under 20" tall. This is called SOG, and can be the most productive use of small space. In the other vertical half of your DR80, you can run bonsai moms and cuttings when needed. Ventilation would require imagination, but little money.
To dry a few ozs, calcium chloride will desiccate in an airtight box.
A tray of sidewalk salt, a tiny fan, cardboard box and a plastic bag. :rollit:

V interesting... was wondering how I could make the tent veg and flower, perhaps with some smaller box inside for the mother? Was thinking a small fridge box with holes in the side for fans, which could then have a shelf on the top for SOG.

Only concerns are how to do it 1) easily and 2) stop light leakage if the two are on diff cycles.

My ideal is a different appartment or house, and a second smaller Secret Jardin for veg, with the two tents linked with ducting and one acting as intake the other to expel.

Clones seem happy in the bottom on 14/10 now, with a hood and a white carrier bag over the top of it to reduce the light. Figuring out how to adapt it so I can keep it all in one room and start SOG.

Any suggestions on how to? :D

Also the calcium chloride... to dry? I still need to hang the branches and let them dry before using the CC? Or can you cure from fresh to dry with CC? I read that it fast cure can leave chlorophyl taste etc.

Not sure what the bag part was for, can you please explain or link to a post describing how, or some pics?

Many, many thanks for the assists :)

Ok, think I have it.

If I put a table or stool with a blackout drape around it, or some of that diamond reflective sheeting, with a cfl on 16/8 for the vegging mother and clones, and in the main body of the tent I have SOG, should be happy days.

Slight concerns on light leakage and venting, but think I can manage it ok. Either have to try and make my improved DIY scrubber or pay out, as I have the bits think I'll give it a shot on my own first... never enough time.

Checked the plants earlier today, clones were happy this morning, dome still misted. Gave them a spray and checked on the plants.

The indica's need a transplant, have to get some bigger pots. Think I also need another sack of BioBizz... Was debating getting some extra perlite (I know BioBizz is already 30% perlite but read mixing it 50/50 is good for seedlings to establish good roots) but not sure if that will be of any benefit.

The less things I have to try to smuggle into my appartment the better, tbh.

Next step, transplant. Have to cut the strings I've been using to LST them, and then drill holes around the top of the plant pot I use so I can LST on that too.

As soon as I can make a veg box for this tent I can move onto flower. Would be nice to have our own smoke for Christmas :)

Hopefully my brain will work it out whilst I sleep, and maybe a wee smoke! ;)

DB,
YOU could try to use bamboo skewers they come in packs of 100 for about a buck for your LST i've used them more than once with great success you only need pin the branch down for a couple of days then it stays on it own
1708.jpg

heres what 1 of mine looks like afterwards these beast needed extra pinning as they just got bigger n bigger but you can get the just of what im saying sorry about posting pic in your journal just wanted to show another option

Hey fluroman, great idea with the sewers, and the more the merrier, love to share knowledge.

Have read about using bent wire tooo, but always been a bit paranoid about hurting the roots...

And cheers funnystyle, will try to get more pics tonight :)

So it seems! Loving Gator's cage and your grow, fluroman, very pretty set up

Far above and beyond what I need for personal use, but beautiful to look at :) My wife likes the colours in the pics, she's a bit of a photographer, perhaps I should get her to take my snaps.

Been thinking things over and I need to make a shelf or a small table for my veg cabinet inside the DR80... think I'll see what I can put together

V interesting... was wondering how I could make the tent veg and flower, perhaps with some smaller box inside for the mother? Was thinking a small fridge box with holes in the side for fans, which could then have a shelf on the top for SOG.

Only concerns are how to do it 1) easily and 2) stop light leakage if the two are on diff cycles.
My ideal is a different appartment or house, and a second smaller Secret Jardin for veg, with the two tents linked with ducting and one acting as intake the other to expel.

Clones seem happy in the bottom on 14/10 now, with a hood and a white carrier bag over the top of it to reduce the light. Figuring out how to adapt it so I can keep it all in one room and start SOG.

Any suggestions on how to? :D

Also the calcium chloride... to dry? I still need to hang the branches and let them dry before using the CC? Or can you cure from fresh to dry with CC? I read that it fast cure can leave chlorophyl taste etc.

Not sure what the bag part was for, can you please explain or link to a post describing how, or some pics?

Many, many thanks for the assists :)

I lagged on this answer, because I am setting up an arrangement as described. I bought the wrong ice melter, it's not hygroscopic. CaCl in a tray will take the moisture from air passing over it. This technique is used in laboratories and industrially. A bud rack in a box(cardboard?) with a small fan and desiccant tray inside can be sealed for odors with a poly bag around all. When(today?) I find to buy 'Propa' CaCl, I'll do this with mine and show pictures. Till then, I'm running my AC in cool wet weather and hoping.
My ideal is a different apartment or house
Me too. Real estate is the most precious resource required for growing.

Back
Top Bottom