Unseasonal cold snap, what should I do?

jokerlola

Here in Denver we are going to have an unseasonal cold snap starting tonight with temps going down to 36 degrees tonight and rain/snow and a high of only 37 tomorrow (Tuesday) with snow and a low Tuesday night of 28 degrees. Wednesday is going to be about the same temps as Tuesday. I am planning on bringing my plants inside tonight and keeping them inside Tuesday and Wednesday. What are the lowest temps cannabis can tolerate? I'm wondering when it's OK to bring my plants outside again? Thursday temps are supposed to be 49/40 and partly sunny and Friday is going to be 66/48 and then it warms up to the 80's by Sunday.

48 at night is going to be very humid. The ground is still pretty warm so expect a lot of fog which is pretty harsh conditions with cold and fog at night so mold and pm become issues.

You lucky you can bring them indoors I'd be waiting till Friday and supplemental lighting indoors if you have it.

We had snow fog and high in the high 40s Saturday all the plants are fine. Also had a wind storm this morning with 60mph winds my outdoor plants are 12 feet tall. They are pretty tough plants.

Here in Denver we are going to have an unseasonal cold snap starting tonight with temps going down to 36 degrees tonight and rain/snow and a high of only 37 tomorrow (Tuesday) with snow and a low Tuesday night of 28 degrees. Wednesday is going to be about the same temps as Tuesday. I am planning on bringing my plants inside tonight and keeping them inside Tuesday and Wednesday. What are the lowest temps cannabis can tolerate? I'm wondering when it's OK to bring my plants outside again? Thursday temps are supposed to be 49/40 and partly sunny and Friday is going to be 66/48 and then it warms up to the 80's by Sunday.
Damn that is brutal. Good thing you can move them. If ya don't have light for them indoors I'd put them in total darkness. I once had a ice storm that knocked out power for a week during a indoor grow. They were pale when the lights came on but warm and alive. Good luck.

I can't put them in total darkness but they will get morning sun from windows and I will try to supplement some light so Tues and Wed and possibly Thurs will be like a couple of cloudy days for them. Just wondering when they can go back out. Thurs at 49/40 sounds too cold to me. Will Friday be OK at 66/49?

I can't put them in total darkness but they will get morning sun from windows and I will try to supplement some light so Tues and Wed and possibly Thurs will be like a couple of cloudy days for them. Just wondering when they can go back out. Thurs at 49/40 sounds too cold to me. Will Friday be OK at 66/49?
I've not grown outdoors in the north but if ya set them out Friday maybe bring them in for the night. Them roots would get pretty cold in the pots.

I've dealt with cold temps in my other 2 outdoor grows but it's usually in mid to late October or early November and the plants are almost ready for harvest. Never had to deal with it this early with over a month left to go till harvest.

Ironically, I wanted to only grow strains that finish up before it gets cold this year so I wouldn't have to deal with dragging them in and out like I have the last 2 years. And then we get this weather! We had a high of 100 on Sunday and a high of 92 Monday! And right now it's 43 and set to go down to 27!!

I've dealt with cold temps in my other 2 outdoor grows but it's usually in mid to late October or early November and the plants are almost ready for harvest. Never had to deal with it this early with over a month left to go till harvest.

Ironically, I wanted to only grow strains that finish up before it gets cold this year so I wouldn't have to deal with dragging them in and out like I have the last 2 years. And then we get this weather! We had a high of 100 on Sunday and a high of 92 Monday! And right now it's 43 and set to go down to 27!!
That is some wicked weather. Your gonna freeze ur balls off. Stay warm.

Back
Top Bottom