UPDATE - Fatal Crash - Pot Robbery Names Released

Weedpipe

420 Member
California - One man was killed, another injured and two were charged with murder after an apparent home invasion aimed at stealing marijuana ended with a deadly vehicle crash in the North San Juan area Saturday, authorities said.

One of the two alleged robbers has been identified as Terry McLeod, 51, of Sacramento, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, armed robbery, burglary, criminal conspiracy and false imprisonment. McLeod was being held Monday morning with no bail at the Nevada County jail.

The Sheriff's Office has also confirmed the second alleged marijuana robber as Timothy Daniel Fitzpatrick, 43, of Elk Grove.

Fitzpatrick died during a chase after the robbery when his vehicle went off the road and hit a tree. After the crash, McLeod was taken to the hospital for his injuries before being booked into county jail.

Also being held on no bail after being arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and murder was Christopher Teachout, 32, of North San Juan.

Teachout allegedly chased the robbers and tried to ram their vehicle with his, according to the Nevada County Sheriff's Office.

At about 10:08 a.m. Saturday, the county dispatch center received a 911 call regarding a home invasion robbery that had just occurred at a residence in the 12000 block of Tobacco Road in the North San Juan area, the Sheriff's Office said.

Two men wearing ski masks and black, police-type uniforms reportedly entered the victims' residence displaying weapons and indicating they were members of the Narcotics Task Force, the Sheriff's Office said.

Victims in the residence at the time of the robbery included three men and one woman, all 25 to 34 years old. The suspects tied up the victims with metal handcuffs and plastic zip ties, according to authorities.

The suspects then took from the victims their cellular telephones, identifications, computer equipment and one camera. The alleged robbers then fled in a white Ford F250 pickup.

Teachout was able to free his zip-tied hands and chased the alleged attackers in his red pickup, the Sheriff's Office said. The suspects fled along Oak Tree Road to Highway 49 and turned south, with the victim chasing in his vehicle.

While Teachout was allegedly chasing the suspects and trying to ram their vehicle, the suspects fired several rounds from their weapons at his vehicle, the Sheriff's Office said.

Fitzpatrick lost control and hit a tree along the roadside near the intersection of Highway 49 and Sauer Lane. He was found dead at the scene, and the McLeod was flown by medical helicopter to Sutter Roseville Memorial Hospital with apparent head injuries.

Officers responding to the accident found a shotgun and a handgun in or near the vehicle. Additionally, a third handgun was found near the road several hundred feet from the scene of the accident, the Sheriff's Office said.

Two large plastic bags containing a large quantity of pre-packaged marijuana also were found at the accident scene, the Sheriff's Office said.

The investigation is still continuing and further charges are pending."

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: TheUnion.com
Contact: TheUnion.com Online News | Grass Valley & Nevada County California
Copyright: Swift Communications

There is nothing worse than a thief ...Instead of charging the man with murder they should be giving him a medal for taking the trash out ...Whose paying for the helicopter ride I doubt the piece of garbage has insurance... Just wondering.:smokin:

A little background on the North San Juan area. Just outside Grass Valley Ca. How fitting eh? A steep canyon separates the two with a narrow, treacherous winding road connecting the two and certainly no road for a speedy get away in either direction.

Back in the day, (1970's) the San Juan Ridge, as it was known then, was somewhere you didnt want to venture if you werent a grower. Not sure 'bout these days. It was common knowledge that the growers were predominately recluses of the Viet Nam debacle and that attitudes not withstanding, well-taught jungle warfare tactics were being used in protecting their crops. Guns, camouflaged tiger pits and sharpened bamboo stakes were basic tools of the trade. To say the least, growing was much more exciting back then.

The rip off usually went down like this. Hunting season in the area began in Oct. Harry the hunter, while out looking for Mr. Big Buck, would stumble on a "patch" as they were called in those days. He would go back to the city, tell his homies of his discovery and all bein big bad gun-toting fellas, they would put together a plan to go back up and relieve the "dumb hippies" of their stash.

Only the dumb hippies werent hippies and they were certainly not dumb. Quite the opposite. Simply put, if you ventured onto the Ridge with evil intentions, you were "in country", the gloves came off and all was fair. In their minds, unlike the other war, this one they would win. Poor Harry, his homies and anyone up to no good would soon find out the hard way the realities of the San Juan Ridge. If you are familiar with Steve Earl's song "Copperhead Road" then you have a good idea as to that which I describe. One particular verse sums it up: "I did 2 tours of duty in Viet Nam, I came home with a brand new plan...I'd take seeds from Columbia n Mexico, plant em up a hollow down Copperhead Road... Now the DEA's got chopper in the air, I wake up screamin like I'm back over there. I learned a thing or 2 from Charlie dont ya know, ya better stay away from Copperhead Road..." Enough said...

It is quite possible, Christopher Teachout, 32, of North San Juan is a direct descendant of one of the originals to cultivate the San Juan Ridge. If so, Daddy taught him well. Personally, I find that pretty cool...:peace:MF

A little background on the North San Juan area. Just outside Grass Valley Ca. How fitting eh? A steep canyon separates the two with a narrow, treacherous winding road connecting the two and certainly no road for a speedy get away in either direction.

Back in the day, (1970's) the San Juan Ridge, as it was known then, was somewhere you didnt want to venture if you werent a grower. Not sure 'bout these days. It was common knowledge that the growers were predominately recluses of the Viet Nam debacle and that attitudes not withstanding, well-taught jungle warfare tactics were being used in protecting their crops. Guns, camouflaged tiger pits and sharpened bamboo stakes were basic tools of the trade. To say the least, growing was much more exciting back then.

The rip off usually went down like this. Hunting season in the area began in Oct. Harry the hunter, while out looking for Mr. Big Buck, would stumble on a "patch" as they were called in those days. He would go back to the city, tell his homies of his discovery and all bein big bad gun-toting fellas, they would put together a plan to go back up and relieve the "dumb hippies" of their stash.

Only the dumb hippies werent hippies and they were certainly not dumb. Quite the opposite. Simply put, if you ventured onto the Ridge with evil intentions, you were "in country", the gloves came off and all was fair. In their minds, unlike the other war, this one they would win. Poor Harry, his homies and anyone up to no good would soon find out the hard way the realities of the San Juan Ridge. If you are familiar with Steve Earl's song "Copperhead Road" then you have a good idea as to that which I describe. One particular verse sums it up: "I did 2 tours of duty in Viet Nam, I came home with a brand new plan...I'd take seeds from Columbia n Mexico, plant em up a hollow down Copperhead Road... Now the DEA's got chopper in the air, I wake up screamin like I'm back over there. I learned a thing or 2 from Charlie dont ya know, ya better stay away from Copperhead Road..." Enough said...

It is quite possible, Christopher Teachout, 32, of North San Juan is a direct descendant of one of the originals to cultivate the San Juan Ridge. If so, Daddy taught him well. Personally, I find that pretty cool...:peace:MF

You are so very right about NSJ. There's a place near there called Relief Hill that used to house a small ranger outpost (incidentally, part of the route of the Donner Party). Relief Hill is between the towns of Washington and North Bloomfield.

We used to rent a cabin out there and you didn't venture off the main road unless there was snow on the ground. There were many times when my buddies and I would be walking down an old logging/mining trail when out of nowhere someone brandishing a rifle would step out of the bushes and scare the contents of my stomach out of me.

They are very good at getting their point across!

North Columbia is another local town where you are made very well aware that you are not welcome.

Back
Top Bottom