Update: S.C. School raided over Marijuana

lol

I'm not arguing. You may be but I can discuss-debate without fighting-arguing.

Gangs are not souly drug related...this is true that a large majority are, but here it is more about belonging not selling. Gangs will exist as long as hate breeds. The gang members i've known over the years weren't in it for quick cash or any financial gain, BUT this is a smaller town than most of the cities i've lived in, and gang's are low, and not in the open everywhere u look. So many people have spoken so far, i forget who said what, but gangs exist out of fear. The thing keeping them from having a career is the money they can collect through illegal acctivities, and i think it was tholdguy who said legalizing a drug can stop this...to a degree. there will always be the quick illegal buck, and somone will always fear the actions of somone else....thus gangs will stay in existance untill there is nothing to fear from their community. To me gangs are like the government. Formed to protect themselfs from others, but in doing so creating enemies and starting a new cycle of hell.

I like it. i'm glad it didn't turn into a u suck thread btw. this is sweet.

Detained said:
Gangs are not souly drug related...this is true that a large majority are, but here it is more about belonging not selling. Gangs will exist as long as hate breeds. The gang members i've known over the years weren't in it for quick cash or any financial gain, BUT this is a smaller town than most of the cities i've lived in, and gang's are low, and not in the open everywhere u look. So many people have spoken so far, i forget who said what, but gangs exist out of fear. The thing keeping them from having a career is the money they can collect through illegal acctivities, and i think it was tholdguy who said legalizing a drug can stop this...to a degree. there will always be the quick illegal buck, and somone will always fear the actions of somone else....thus gangs will stay in existance untill there is nothing to fear from their community. To me gangs are like the government. Formed to protect themselfs from others, but in doing so creating enemies and starting a new cycle of hell.

You're right. There will always be something illegal to sell. Drugs aren't the only trade they are in, but drugs are their #1 source of profit. And again you're right about gangmembers being in it for the quick cash. Your everyday gangster is a soldier. He gets told what to do, and he does it. He doesn't know why, but he doesn't care. If he gets the cop done, he gets his share of the profits. That goes for robbers, murderers, lookouts, drivers, etc.

Oh, another big market is illegal guns. But that would reduce as the need for guns reduced along with the size of the gang

KWT4legalizing said:
I'm not arguing. You may be but I can discuss-debate without fighting-arguing.

yeah, but it's hard to get into the habbit of saying "debate" instead of "argue"

all i can say is look at what happend to booze... gangs made money off it, they made it leagal agian, and they had to move on to drugs. once we take drugs out, what are they going to move on to that can make them as much money ? granted there is othere stuff like car jacking and guns, but you cant have a gun lab in your own home and make them your self. with stolen cars, there are not as big of a demand as there are for drugs, and there are only so many cars you can bring in to chop shops.

Zarkn said:
all i can say is look at what happend to booze... gangs made money off it, they made it leagal agian, and they had to move on to drugs. once we take drugs out, what are they going to move on to that can make them as much money ? granted there is othere stuff like car jacking and guns, but you cant have a gun lab in your own home and make them your self. with stolen cars, there are not as big of a demand as there are for drugs, and there are only so many cars you can bring in to chop shops.
But do you really think the US will be better, because crack, meth, and coke will be available for people to buy from a drugstore. This country would become a lot shittier. Just look at what happens to people addicted to alcohol and how many there are. That will become ten times worse if all these drugs become available over the counter.

IF all drugs were legalized (and i'm not saying we outright legalize all of them), crack, meth, and heroin would be so ridiculously regulated and over priced, most users wouldn't have the ability to feed their addiction like they want to. i'm talking about age restrictions, licenses, dosage, strength, identification security(fingerprinting would be useful), etc.

but personally, i'll stand my ground against addictive drugs as i have in the past.

marijuana is a huge market. most weed smokers dont do other drugs. most 'other drug' users smoke pot. many people would either cut back or completely quit using other drugs if they could legally smoke weed. just look at amsterdam.

but you're right, there could be problems. but at least those problems would be more easily controlled. right now its just a random "woop, i spotted another crack head, lets book him" and thats it.

i've got a little headache right now, so i'll just sum it up.

heroin, crack, etc: bad. stay illegal

legalize weed to reduce number of 'other drug' users

if 'other drugs' were legal: HEAVY restrictions

and cars will be able to be located by GPS soon, btw. i think some country in the ME already started. its working great

Breathless said:
But do you really think the US will be better, because crack, meth, and coke will be available for people to buy from a drugstore. This country would become a lot shittier. Just look at what happens to people addicted to alcohol and how many there are. That will become ten times worse if all these drugs become available over the counter.

but people also had that same fear about alcohol. the same people that pushed to keep its users behind bars said that if it was leagal everyone would do it and get out of hand and go psycho and everything wold turn to shit.... did it ?
yeah there are people out there that have a problem with it, but its not most of the US. and most of the US will still see that crack will fuck things up if you do it even if it is leagal.

anyone with half a brain can see that just cuz crack is not going to get you put in jail, does not mean that it wont have you shitting in a paint bucket in the middle of your living room while your kids are starving.

Zarkn said:
but people also had that same fear about alcohol. the same people that pushed to keep its users behind bars said that if it was leagal everyone would do it and get out of hand and go psycho and everything wold turn to shit.... did it ?
yeah there are people out there that have a problem with it, but its not most of the US. and most of the US will still see that crack will fuck things up if you do it even if it is leagal.

anyone with half a brain can see that just cuz crack is not going to get you put in jail, does not mean that it wont have you shitting in a paint bucket in the middle of your living room while your kids are starving.
Everyone already knew the truth about alcohol when it illegalized, so that comparison doesn't really hold up. And how many people thought that alcohol would turn you crazy for the 14 years it was illegal. Like no one, they just wanted to take away a substance that can be abused, but is something that if taken properly can be fun, like marijuana

And if these hard drugs were legalized, more people would do them than not. They could easily bring up an arguement that if it's legal, it must be safe enough to try. That's bad, because there are like 2 drugs that can get addicted the first time you try them, and coke can kill you the first time used, rare, but still can. So many more people would try it if it were legalized than if it stays illegal.

Alright, I gotta reply without reading the rest of the posts. The situation here does not have a solution as I see it, that will satisfy everyone. Affirmative action probably helps some people, and I honestly haven't spent a lot of time reading about it. I know that there are people of all races that are determined to get rid of it, and I swear to god I'll slap the next person who complains about 'reverse racism.' Whatever 'reverse racism' we get is like a drop in the ocean compared to what we (whites) put people though. Anyways, I personally don't agree with afirmative action. I find it funny that people rush to diversify the population, to merge cultures. And then, we hear the same people yelling about how people are losing their roots. It reminds me of a teacher at my highschool who wanted assigned seats during lunch because blacks and whites weren't 'sitting togther' enough. The fact of the matter is, we sit with our friends, and for no other reason than that they are our friends and have been for the past eight or more years. The highschool population is filled from something like five different middle schools. My middle school class had one black kid. Is it a wonder I don't sit with black kids at lunch... Damn... I just god hella off topic. Sorry, just a lil rant. Anyways, gangs are not the only reason for poverty, or whatever OG(still a nice argument and well written) used them as a cause for. The issues are complicated to the point where it is no longer possible to make a single change that will make every one happy. Actually, It is pretty damn hard to make one side even slightly happy with out pissing someone else off. It's sorta like this, you cannot have freedom and equality together in the same country. If you give people freedom, some will excel more than others, and shortly there after people are complaining that shit ain't equal. Well, by the time you limit people to create equality, the formerly rich (+ everyone else) no longer have freedom. That example in itself explains the affirmative action dispute, and how at the moment there is no right or wrong answer. I just hope by the time I'm as old as Bush is now, we'll be able to work things out together and really unite. United we stand, devided we fall... (p.s. OG is definately right, but so are lots of others, keep yellin!)

formul8 said:
I swear to god I'll slap the next person who complains about 'reverse racism.' Whatever 'reverse racism' we get is like a drop in the ocean compared to what we (whites) put people though.
Plz. if u can. clarify what whites are doing now? And plz don't go back 100's of yrs. Reverse rasism happens bud. slap me if u need to, but this isn't intended to flame ya.

Back
Top Bottom