Upgraded to a Black Diamond Perfect Sun Mini

Mayne, I really understand your need to have more complete coverage for your scrog grow. I'm heading in that direction myself, perhaps on a smaller and simpler scale. Do you still feel you have a future need for your PS Mini? If not you should send a little PM.

As I posted earlier I'm certainly considering adding a second Mini to my little 2x2.5 Gorilla Grow Tent. For my needs a second one would give me more even coverage and a little farther distance and range. I wrote and ask Neil @ PS what type of yield I could expect if I added a second Mini to my tent. He replied that a 2nd light could potentially take a one plant yield from 4-6 up to 7-9 ounces. Which validates your reason for using the two more powerful lights in your setup. I'm going to attempt to get as much spread with this one plant and see how far I can push that single light, single plant yield then I'll have an idea what two plants and two lights might have a potential of.

Problem Ive had was no place to dry harvest, and keep temps at 62F and hum at 58 for 2 weeks. Then, the zipper on my tent is about to be thru for, and i want more of a Clone/veg/Flower perpetual cycle. so for the price, i can build a nice cab, then have my filters and intakes all proper now.
BoxBuild.png

Mayne, I really understand your need to have more complete coverage for your scrog grow. I'm heading in that direction myself, perhaps on a smaller and simpler scale. Do you still feel you have a future need for your PS Mini? If not you should send a little PM.

As I posted earlier I'm certainly considering adding a second Mini to my little 2x2.5 Gorilla Grow Tent. For my needs a second one would give me more even coverage and a little farther distance and range. I wrote and ask Neil @ PS what type of yield I could expect if I added a second Mini to my tent. He replied that a 2nd light could potentially take a one plant yield from 4-6 up to 7-9 ounces. Which validates your reason for using the two more powerful lights in your setup. I'm going to attempt to get as much spread with this one plant and see how far I can push that single light, single plant yield then I'll have an idea what two plants and two lights might have a potential of.

I'm running my two perfect sun mini's on one auto and seeing how well they do together

I’m running my two perfect sun mini’s on one auto and seeing how well they do together

Slimn2, I just sub'd in on your BlackSun Thread, I'm very interested in keeping up with your progress. I'm going to send you a friend request if that kewl.

Thought I would post my most recent picture of my internal tent setup. After the first week getting aquainted period for the plant, it's time to begin to move the light closer. I took it from 32inches over the plant to 24inches over the screen. I really like the stainless steel wire hanging setup the Perfect Sun has.
IMG_252817.JPG

I will wait a few more days, perhaps even a week and drop it on down to the recommended height of 18inches. Might stop at 20inches in between just to be safe, don't want any needless stress.

Thought I would post my most recent picture of my internal tent setup. After the first week getting aquainted period for the plant, it's time to begin to move the light closer. I took it from 32inches over the plant to 24inches over the screen. I really like the stainless steel wire hanging setup the Perfect Sun has.
IMG_252817.JPG

I will wait a few more days, perhaps even a week and drop it on down to the recommended height of 18inches. Might stop at 20inches in between just to be safe, don't want any needless stress.

That light is Amazing it's so powerful, make sure you check with recommended height for it, bc Goliath is 2 to 3 ft til last 2 weeks then 18" to ripen. The spectrum is so amazing bc it has greens in it for deeper penetration. So colas get LONG , and dense and I noticed flower times are shorter if environment is on point and then light intensity is so strong that harvest are amazing so think about how good that light is 5 watt Cree chips and distance is amazing, penetration deep long colas

Thanks, yes I've been watch the best height's as suggested by PS. For the Mini they are Perfect Sun MINI, as follows:

"It has been proven that too high a LUX or PAR will not just slow plant growth but can even stop their growth. This is why hanging heights are important, especially when using the efficient Perfect Sun spectrum. Please follow the hanging heights.
Although the MINI is a small light, it packs a huge punch. Be sure to follow the hanging heights or you will burn your plants or stunt their growth.
If you vegged under a different light, keep the plants 3 feet away from my LEDs for 7 full days. This is so they get used to the new spectrum. This is so you don't burn your plants. Young plants: 2 feet away. Older veg plants:Try 18 inches away and see how they react. Flowering plants: 16 inches away. Older Flowering plants: 16 to 13 inches away."

Because my plant is 7 weeks and I feel a bit behind the curve on maturity, I opt'd to treat as if a young plant and hang back at the 2' mark for a while.

Thanks, yes I've been watch the best height's as suggested by PS. For the Mini they are Perfect Sun MINI, as follows:

"It has been proven that too high a LUX or PAR will not just slow plant growth but can even stop their growth. This is why hanging heights are important, especially when using the efficient Perfect Sun spectrum. Please follow the hanging heights.
Although the MINI is a small light, it packs a huge punch. Be sure to follow the hanging heights or you will burn your plants or stunt their growth.
If you vegged under a different light, keep the plants 3 feet away from my LEDs for 7 full days. This is so they get used to the new spectrum. This is so you don't burn your plants. Young plants: 2 feet away. Older veg plants:Try 18 inches away and see how they react. Flowering plants: 16 inches away. Older Flowering plants: 16 to 13 inches away."

Because my plant is 7 weeks and I feel a bit behind the curve on maturity, I opt'd to treat as if a young plant and hang back at the 2' mark for a while.

I have found, 28 inches for veg is the veg sweetspot, at 480 PAR, is perfect for Veg. In flower, aim for 900 par, or around 18inches. Some plants, even strive under 300PAR in veg.

Something Ive found with Lensed Diodes, such as PS, they are like laser beams. the closer you get to the plant leaf, the more damage thru light HEAT, such as a magnifying glass under the sun. So distance is a good thing with these lights, as the Beaming light is 5x more direct then a SMD diode for instance.

These lights are super powerful, your right about that. I wish they dimmed,

IMG_252817.JPG

bro, Id keep it were it is. I did the same, and she basicly stopped growing. I will never put this light more then 18inchs away. Took me 2 months to learn to use this light,lol..

the big older fan leafs can take the beating, but not the small, newly formed leafs. And close will stop the stretch. We want those small leafs to grow out, and putting light close will not help them in that fashion.

our plants are pretty close to the same, just my suggestion bro. Or we can compare over time, lol,,

looking good tho man,

Thanks, for your advice, I'm keeping very close watch. What type of symptoms should I be watching for too much light intensity?

BTW, are you planning on keeping your PS Mini? I'm considering getting a second one raise them both up, but increase the perimeter coverage and even at 30inches I should have more than enough PAR to make things happen very nicely.

Thanks, for your advice, I'm keeping very close watch. What type of symptoms should I be watching for too much light intensity?

BTW, are you planning on keeping your PS Mini? I'm considering getting a second one raise them both up, but increase the perimeter coverage and even at 30inches I should have more than enough PAR to make things happen very nicely.

have to find out shipping, let ya know. and warrenty i guess, be our luck it will break in a week after you get it, lol..

I'm not so concerned about it breaking or the warranty. I feel Neil is a pretty stand up sort of guy and could be worked with. Consider, your best price including shipping and I'm see if that works for me. I do need to tell you I have a reputation in my family for what they call "Papa Pricing" I'm brutal when it comes to looking for a deal. :cool:

I don't want to be offensive, especially to new like minded friends, however I was hoping for a lot deeper discount. I feel I was thinking more along the lines of a 50% off to my door. Just being straight forward. At this point of my grow, I feel I'm good and might should stick with an original thought which is to see just what type of yield I get with just one light and then evaluate the potential increase for additional yield. By the end of my first grow, I should also be fairly even on my current investment and ready to consider an additional light. Thanks, all good!

I don't want to be offensive, especially to new like minded friends, however I was hoping for a lot deeper discount. I feel I was thinking more along the lines of a 50% off to my door. Just being straight forward. At this point of my grow, I feel I'm good and might should stick with an original thought which is to see just what type of yield I get with just one light and then evaluate the potential increase for additional yield. By the end of my first grow, I should also be fairly even on my current investment and ready to consider an additional light. Thanks, all good!

Yeah man, all good. I figured thats what you were aiming for. But I cant take that hit for a 2 month old, less then 500 hours use light. Heck, if i really want to, i could send it back to Neil for a full refund, still being in the window for the return period. But for some reason, i see it being a 3 week ordeal before its finalized. I need components to my other build, but selling it isnt necessary for that reason, but would help, lol..

Just thought id help another out with a cheaper then retail deal is all.

also, for readers, this wasnt a " selling light because its garbage", I have different plans, and this isnt big enough for my needs.

so just know that, lol..

The grow potential isnt just about lights, its a combination of things, just so happens, Neil is a Master grower, has his routine dialed in, and uses genetics that suits his need to show off possible harvest numbers.

Thats what your sopposed to do,

I found a 320H-15B meanwell driver for $30, I was giddy about that. Used for my strip build. Those are $160 bucks. Paid $20,+ $10 shipping, brand new. I was floored when i found that. The problem is, there were 3, I bought 1. lol,,, Even tho i didnt need the others, i probably should of bought them anyways, just because.lol

BTzgrow, keep us posted, and if you journal, let us know man,

Just a little update. I have so enjoyed the results of my 1st Mini, that I placed an order for my second one this morning. I was going to wait until I started my second grow, but the way this grow is going I want to take advantage of every opportunity to get the highest yields possible.

Back
Top Bottom