Uploading photos with an iPad, please help!

Lusi

My computer died and was replaced with an iPad. I've tried everything I can think of to upload photos to the gallery to update my journal and tent full of off colored plants. Is there anyone out there who knows how to fix this?

I've tried all of the links to resizing pics that are on this thread, hoping I could upload a photo there then save it to send here. Not a single uploaded on any site I have tried works. It's not just a 420 website issue. LOL!

Here's what happens on this website. I get to the gallery, hit upload, then all the little icons/ buttons are grayed out. It's the same as all the resize links from the thread. Every page I go to has grayed out icons for select photo.

Is there anyone out there who uses an iPad with the 420 site and knows how to get pics uploaded? Pls LMK I need help before the tent of plants is all lost. I can't find a description or photo of similar plants. Blasted iPad! Blasted autocorrect too!

:scratchinghead:

Lusi

Re: Uploading photos with an iPad, pls help!

Hi
Plug the iPad into your computer to sync it.
When the iPad management screen appears, click the "Photos" tab at the top.
Check the "Sync Photos" box at the top.
From the drop-down menu next to that, select the program or folder that contains your photo library.
Depending on what program you use, you'll have different options. These may include syncing individual galleries or your entire photo album.
If you're syncing a folder of images, you can navigate through your hard drive to find the correct folder and then sync that entire folder or just select subfolders in it.
Once all your settings are correct, click the "Apply" button at the bottom right corner of the iTunes window to sync again and add photos to your iPad.

Thanks..

Deep, TY for your info. I'll try this out when my computer is working again. I have everything synced from google right now, so I can borrow computers. The problem is uploading photos already on my iPad to websites. I even have an adapter for my camera card on there. It won't upload either. I have a lot of photo editing apps that also won't upload. This and flash are the dumbest mistakes apple has made in a long time! Who needs a pricey toy that doesn't run on many websites, can't view pics, can't even rename them! It's a giant phone that doesn't call anyone or take photos, or fit in your pocket........

420, TY for that app!!! I hope this is what I need... None of my seaches came up with this app. For some reason. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

Ah, I got the free version, which does not photos. I'll try this link instead. Ty!

Is anyone out there using forum runner? I bought the full version and am extremely irritated with it. There's no instructions, help, support, info... Nada. The only progress I've made is to find this forum on there. There's no way to load photos or anything else useful. A search for the word photo comes up blank. There's not even a link for customer service!

GrAnted I hate computers and just about anything else that needs plugged in, but this app sucks. I friend stopped by and he couldn't find any way to upload photos or anything else useful. I could view and use forums without this app. I only got it somi could post up photos to my gallery. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

TY!

High Lusi -

I just got a chance to to duplicate your problem iPhone and am forwarding this to our Web Programmer.

Thanks for your understanding, patience, and continued support.

:peace:

Thanks for checking on that for me! The ipad Forum runner says it makes it possible to upload photos to forums, but I can't find out how. My friends that are better with computers have tried to find this for me, and failed. There is no customer service with this app and no one npto ask for help. They have a forum, but I see few people ever get a reply to their questions. I can upload photos to webshots or attach them to an email in hotmail. This is ridiculous!

I hope your web master finds a solution. Does you website allow photo uploading from an iPhone or android?

If anyone reading this is considering an iPad, save your money. PM me first. You don't realize all the important things an Ipad can't do until you've bought it and are stuck.

Thanks for the help!

I'm sorry to report, this was their reply.
There is no photo album support in Forum Runner. Nowhere was this advertised, sorry.

The software we use has a small gallery with no features at all, therefore we use a much more robust gallery software that was made by a third party, which unfortunately they are not supporting.

We are getting ready to go through a major website re-design that should hopefully resolve these issues. This process will take a few months at minimum. Until then, maybe you can upload your photos from a computer, everything else can be done from your iPad.

Hi, thanks for looking for me!
The actual name album came from forum runner support, where I posted questions, then followed the answers. They said I need to create an album, then upload pics to it. I made the album and sent them a screen shot of the results. That didn't work, and is the wrong place to do this. .!

Customer service finally replied, but with nothing useful. They said I need to subscribe to a forum thread, then simply hot reply and attach a photo. This does not work! When use the forum runner app to access the 420 site, then reply to a thread, there is nothing but a blank page to type on with a cancel or submit option only. When I attempted to copy a photo stored on my iPad and paste it in, there is no option to even paste anything. It's all BS

The actual wording on the FR page is: "attach unlimited photos from your libray (or take photo from your camera and upload to forum)"

I've followed all of their instructions... I explained to customer service that this forum has a photo gallery I must load pics to before using them in a thread. They wrote back to reply to the thread and attach the photo. (exactly what they said before)

Do you have any ideas for this? I wish there was another forum I could try it on. The only one I use that is supported by FR is yours. So, Forum runner has this website in their list, but it is the gallery software that keeps it from working?

My computer is still not working right, thus why i'm stuck with this until the hard drive is reformatted again and everything is loaded again, except the program causing the crashes.

I don't envy you the work involved on running this website, let alone updating it. TY for all the work you do keeping this monter website running! There's a lot of great information here.

Anyone else reading this, don't waste you money on an iPad. It's what it can't do that matters. :-( I would retun mine and buy a new computer, if I could. If I find a solution to this, i'll post it here for others to use.

TY!

Again, the software we use has a small gallery with no features at all, this is the gallery they are referring to, that they support. We use a much more robust gallery software that was made by a third party, which unfortunately they are not supporting.

We are getting ready to go through a major website re-design that should hopefully resolve these issues. This process will take a few months at minimum. Until then, maybe you can upload your photos from a computer, everything else can be done from your iPad.

Sorry for your inconvenience and hope you get your computer fixed soon.

Sorry about that post... I was trying to explain the problem better, thinking it's not through any fault of your website or updating it. I should have added it is not just your website with this problem. Your site in general runs just fine and is much more easy to navigate than others! I want to make sure you know my gripe is with the iPad and app, not your website!

I look forward to the updates. :))

Back
Top Bottom