Vague strain details

MadMike

I know the more seasoned heads may not have this problem, but I find it a tad frustrating when deciding on which strains to grow when the specific details such as height, nutrient tolerance, and yield are so vague. I grew a strain called Big Bang Auto which was a free seed included with what I got, and it was highly sensitive to feeding (I always go half strength with Fox Farms Grow Big and Big Bloom) and had to completely halt it while in the blooming stage.

Some sites are better than others with the strain details for cultivation. Perhaps I just need to find the perfect strain for me and work with it awhile. I'm growing for the first time. I prefer pure or dominant Indicas not just for the effect but also because I can only grow outdoors. I have a few acres to use but still prefer shorter plants as to avoid nosy people in the area and thieves. If anyone has suggestions for me, I'd certainly appreciate it. I live in Northern California (North of San Francisco) to give everyone an idea of what my climate is like. I would prefer to find a reputable guide specifically for outdoor growing if anyone has a recommendation.

I too have noticed the same thing you are talking about... it's been hard to find a reference guide to growing these different strains... especially outdoors!

I look around and read on others that have done the strains I want to do but... results always vary... maybe that is why there is such a lack of info like we are talking about.

I would think it would behoove the breeders to put the grow info along w/the seed descriptors... how they grew the shit... that would help a lot to know some of the subtle things that make a particular strain top notch!

Back
Top Bottom