Vaporizing thoughts.part 2

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
I really WANT to like my volcano, but wasn't sold on it initially. Well, after continuing to use it, I *think* I've gotten it figured out. Honestly, I think part of it is the vape buzz takes a couple times to notice/get used to (similar to the first couple of times you smoked cannabis). Still not 100% on the taste aspect, and I hate having all the post-vape bud (though it is cleaner and easier to deal with compared to ash). The bag routine is getting old as well....maybe a SSV is in my future, if I keep up vaping - maybe smoke at night for the help with insomnia.

One thing that has come to mind - I'm thinking that sativa and sativa dom hybrids do best in a vaporizor (temps 385 and lower). The indicas tend to be more of a body high and provide a sedative buzz, whereas the sativas are more cerebral and uplifting. Since it seems fairly well accepted that the canabinoids released at the highest temps are the sedative ones (and hence those left on the post vape bud), why would you use an indica strain for vaporizing? Seems like you'd miss out on the best part of the buzz that plant has to offer. Given, the harvest time (early or late) will have an impact on the buzz as well, but as a direct comparison - I wonder if I'm on to something here - or just the musings of a middle aged stoner??

:peace:

Re: Vaporizing thoughts...part 2

It all about different smokes for different folks. Do it for pain relief and you want an indica. Need a mood lift and be able to get some things done than sativa is the choice. Vapes of any kind will provide all the plant has to offer. I have the Vapir 5.0 and bag my vape and it allows for a smoother intake which allows me to smoke more if necessary without scratching up my throat. Trick for me is to expel all the air in my lungs and take a deep, long, slow hit and then savor what mother nature has provided.

Hi guys was reading your posts and had to add that my vapor genie (one of those little vaporizing pipes) doesn't really seem to get me nearly as high as a bong or joint ? do you guys really notice a difference too or is it my imagination , I was thinking that maybe the VG just wasn't that great of an introduction to vaporizers ? I've been reading some reviews on da budda and the silver surfer, they seem to be pretty good from what I've read. Any info from you two on either of these ? :peace:

Have you compared the volume of pot you use to vape vs. what you have to load in a joint or bong. When I vape I am usually twice as high per volume of pot. I use the Vapir 5.0 and it's great. My buddy just got one a couple of months ago and said it paid for itself in about 2 months by not having to use as much. It is kind of loud when operating but one of the knocks on the previous model was that it was not as powerful as it needed to be so they sort of over engineered this model. Do you vape direct or do you use bags? Maybe that's a difference.

I don't know anything about the SS or DB. I do know the SS is highly rated.

Old hippy - I've read nothing but good info about the Silver Surfer....thinking of getting one to replace daytime bong rips to help the lungs (distance riding at elevation is ALL about efficient use of oxygen). Might use a bong to further cool the vapor, but try to minimize smoking.

I use a volcano, and so far it's only the last couple times that I feel like I got anywhere near as high as smoking a joint (still my favorite method with tasty herb) or a bong. I don't know what the solution is...especially since I've been a HEAVY smoker (cannabis only - never tobacco) for a couple decades and have yet to really notice a drag on my performance up to now. I just figured as I got older, maybe I could try to be proactive - if there was going to be a long term issue.

:peace:

The da budda is made by the same people and is about 160-190 dollars where the SS is about 275. My little vapor genie is not a full blown vaporizer (in my opinion) I may be wrong but even when I get good hits it just doesn't see to have the same effect. :peace: Speaking of riding at elevation I live at about 900 ft elev. next wk my boys and I are going snowboarding at Mammoth thats at 9-10,000 ft. I may be draggin serious ass up there !!

Enjoy boarding!! I was up there riding back in September...rode the High Sierra Century and stuck around to hit the Whitney Portal and then Tioga Pass.....I LOVE the Sierras :peace:

Whitney Portal has got to be one of the coolest places on this planet !! I have a chiropractor friend who has done the ride from death valley to whitney portal !! We have a few nuts in our bike club !! That place (sierras) can cure anything !! I have to get a dose of altitute or things get fuzzy !! :peace:

I think that I am in heaven right now. You will have to forgive me but finding other cyclists that like to smoke,vape,eat, herb is a very hard thing to come by out here in CO! THANK YOU!

:grinjoint:

It all about different smokes for different folks. Do it for pain relief and you want an indica. Need a mood lift and be able to get some things done than sativa is the choice. Vapes of any kind will provide all the plant has to offer. I have the Vapir 5.0 and bag my vape and it allows for a smoother intake which allows me to smoke more if necessary without scratching up my throat. Trick for me is to expel all the air in my lungs and take a deep, long, slow hit and then savor what mother nature has provided.

MostlyCrazy, I purchased the vapir 5.0 per your recommendation in multiple threads. Do you work for them?..just wondering. Anyways I have a few questions for you about that product. It seems pretty technical at first, at least for the average stoner lol.

What temp is good to set it at?

Do you attach tube to unit and then the bag to the tube?

How do you know when the herb is completely vaporized?

It says:Caution Hot on the unit, but it just seemed a little warm. Can it burn something if I set it down too long?

Just trying to figure this thing out since I have been looking to invest in quality vape for a little while now. Any further tips/hints would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

:nicethread:

I was using a vapor genie for a bit. It occured to me though that I was holding a lighter over the opening for a bit to slowly take a hit. So when I looked close at the lighter it said plainly do not keep lighter on for more than 10 seconds !!Well I could see myself as been holding this lighter lit for at least 15 sec or more , so I started thinking hey this fucker could blow up right in my face !! I went back to my bong or a joint!! I believe some day when theres extra money around I will invest in a da budda or the silver surfer!! I don't feel the vapor genie is safe when using any typical lighter...:peace:

MostlyCrazy, I purchased the vapir 5.0 per your recommendation in multiple threads. Do you work for them?..just wondering. Anyways I have a few questions for you about that product. It seems pretty technical at first, at least for the average stoner lol.

What temp is good to set it at?

Do you attach tube to unit and then the bag to the tube?

How do you know when the herb is completely vaporized?

It says:Caution Hot on the unit, but it just seemed a little warm. Can it burn something if I set it down too long?

Just trying to figure this thing out since I have been looking to invest in quality vape for a little while now. Any further tips/hints would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

:nicethread:

Nope don't work for them. I'm a govt. sales rep. and have been for about 20 years.

Temp - I do 320 for the first bag and raise it by about 10 degrees with every new bag. Your mialge may vary so you have to play with it and see how it works with your particular weed.

Tube - Yes, you install the 6" or so tube that comes with it and then attach the bag. I have mine bussing on the kitchen counter and sort of let the bag hang over the edge. Make sure you straighten out your bag before you put is on and get most of the air out of it.

Howw do you know - My weed turns dark brown and when you smell it, you can't smell anything. Before I dump it I roll the spent stuff around in my fingers and it has turned to an almost powder consistancy.

Caution - It's the heating element that site below the drawer with the disk that it the hot part. The heating element will turn off in 15 minutes if left unattended and I like that safety feature. Like the manual says - when you are done with your session, pop your drawer out and set it on something metal cause it's gonne be hot. Turn your fan on high with the heat off and let it pump out the heat held by the heating element. This will insure that no trap heat will mess with the electronics and the unit will last longer. I wait until I can put my hand over where the drower was for like 30 seconds and not feel anything too warm. Sort of like a warm wind on a sunny summer day. Then you can turn it off and just enjoy the stone. I run my fan on medium to fill the bags. High has more air than vapor and low takes a long time and I don't think it's all that effective. Sometimes just to be sure I got all it has to give I turn it to 350, put the fan on low and let it fill the bag until the heat turns off. Remember if you get smoke in the bag or it taste harsh in anyway it's way too hot.

That's all I can think of now but if something comes up post it or pm me and I'll help you.

Thank you very much MC!!

I fooled with it a little more last night and I think I got the hang of it. It really is the temperature part that is it hard to figure out which temp is best for getting the optimal performance out of it and the herb. I have also been using almost half a gram which is more than I wold use in typical bong/pipe session, but I will prob use a little less next time and just make sure that I am holding in the balloon vapors longer.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom