veg lighting

sadhu9

I have a room devoted to growing. I have a grow hut for flowering and I use the rest of the space in the room to Veg my plants. I use fresh air and an A/C to cool the room and the grow hut when needed. I was wondering if the lighting for the veg plants can be rotated during the day as long as they receive 18 + hours in that day.? I heard that lighting changes can stress the plants out?
I am trying to use the heat from the T-5 lights to help either heat my grow hut when cool out or turn them off to help with the cooling costs.
400+ watts of lighting from the 2 T-5's produces more heat than I thought?!!!! And this can mean the difference between my A/C going on and NOT!!!!! Thanks,

Sadhu9

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. You want to change when the lights are on or off based on the temps in the flowering tent (which is on a strict 12/12 schedule)? This is generally not a good ideal. Try turning your lights on for flower during the night when it is cooler. This will reduce the need for heat at night and A/C during the day. Likewise, you may want to look at using the GLR (Gas lantern Routine) to reduce more of that daytime heat and the power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom