"?" : ventilating a C-24 close t: (-) pressure and how it benefits

FRIENDinDEED

I have decided to grow in a C-24 cab and figured I'd start with the components of a closet first and then once I get the closet I can set everything up in it. So far I completed my DIY carbon scrubber and am currently going to wire my DIY cool tube, just have to drill a hole through the reducer/inducer for the connections, and am in the process of finding a cheap/er can-fan and I wanted to know:

-Can a blower be used in the same fashion as a can-fan regardless of CFM rating?

-Anything other than e-bay, that I can go to , to physically see a cheaper fan
*( NYC by the way)

*my scrubber is about 14" in length, 6 x 4 inducer/reducer, ¼" batting on inside around core and a layer on the outside so I have about 1- 1/4" of activated charcoal in there now, giving me about 10 or so inches of filtering space.

-What amount of CFM fan do I need to pull through the scrubber, past the bulb, past the ballast and to out take? With say about 9-10 feet of vent coil tubing.

-How many plants can fit in one of these C-24 cabs?

* I plan to seal the closet with weather stripping to create the negative pressure I have been reading about?

-What are the benefits if any of negative pressure environments for the plants?

Ofcourse all responses are appreciated, I am the same here as I am at the other sites I have subscribed to. This question has been posted elsewhere to get the maximum information possible. My name is the same as well at the other sites I speak of

by blower fan are you talking about a squirrel cage style one or what? I'd say anything over 50cfm would be adequate.

It depends how big you want your plants to get, but 3-4 goodly size ones I'd estimate.

A tip for the back panel of the C-24....buy a sheet of 3/16 or 1/4" MDF. Trust me it's WAY better than the piece of shit they provide with it.

negative pressure just means that the fan is sucking out more than it can bring in fast enough. There's no effect that I'm aware of on the plants.

i remember reading about negative pressure in grow rooms, and that its better than positive or neutral, but unfortunately this was a couple years ago and my stoner mind cant remember. it had something to do with less chances of mold, lower humidity , the plants thrive more because there is less restriction......

Also with a negative pressure in the grow rom there would be no smell leaks. Only air coming out is being filtered.

thanks for the negative pressure info.

so nayinfo aon my air filter, i guess if anything i would want o know what my filter can be compared to and then what type of fan i would need for it, teh desriptions is inteh beginning of the thread , but if you need me to elaborate more i will, or be more specific

by negative presure do you guys mean just sucking air out not bloowing air in?
so by reducing the air in the room your creating negative presure?
sorry to sound dumb i just havnt heard off doing this befor

FRIENDinDEED said:
thanks for the negative pressure info.

so nayinfo aon my air filter, i guess if anything i would want o know what my filter can be compared to and then what type of fan i would need for it, teh desriptions is inteh beginning of the thread , but if you need me to elaborate more i will, or be more specific
Well it sounds pretty good, and obviously the more carbon you pass thru the better. Take it for a test drive and see what more you need.

negative pressure - when the exhaust fan is drawing more air in, thereby not allowing "scent" to flow out of the grow area unless it passes thru the exhaust fan. Like sucking the door shut kind of effect.

The Difference Between A Blower And A Inline/can-fan?

ok , since my last post I have been doing some serious searching and have pretty much found what I needed to know as far as the necessary amount of CFM I would need in a fan to pull through my carbon scrubber, around 200+ would be sufficient.

Q: Is there a significant difference between a blower and an inline/can (squirrel cage) fan? In regards to CFM, power can one do more or less than the other? I have read that it is kind of difficult to attach/ adapt a blower to an inducer/ reducer. Can a blower be used the same way an inline/ can fan can?

Thanks for all the replies, I really think that these are questions that may be added to a faq one day, so I am trying to gather as much info now as I possibly can pertaining to the specifics about fans , for all, especially the noobies to growing and set-up a closet.

***sorry it takes so long to reply/post. been busy searching, but i am trying to "blaze a trail" about this topic

***here is the closet/ dimensions i am talking about(on the bottom): https://www.millspride.com/assembleinstall/closet_specbook/wardrobe.htm

Back
Top Bottom