Ventilation controls

Mjleden

420 Member
I am setting up a grow tent for the first time. I am struggling to find a controller for the ventilation fans. (Intake/exaust) I was hoping to find a dual temperature/humidity controller. Is there a product someone can suggest?

I am setting up a grow tent for the first time. I am struggling to find a controller for the ventilation fans. (Intake/exaust) I was hoping to find a dual temperature/humidity controller. Is there a product someone can suggest?

The only thing you really need is a speed controller for the carbon scrubber.

Are you looking to trigger the fans to come on & off based on the temp in the tent? If so, there are sensors that can do that (I'll PM you a link!) and/or, you can look into Arduino and setup your own controller.

The only thing you really need is a speed controller for the carbon scrubber.

Are you looking to trigger the fans to come on & off based on the temp in the tent? If so, there are sensors that can do that (I'll PM you a link!) and/or, you can look into Arduino and setup your own controller.

Thank you for the help. I found what I needed with the link.

Yes I assumed I needed to have the fans on a switch. Should I plan to have them run continuously?

I always run them continually. It's not just about temps, it's about air circulation & ventilation to prevent mold. ;)

Don't mean to high jack your post but on the same lines, do they make a variable to slow the blower motor even more than the one it comes with? Even on low mine concaves the tent walls with the vents open.

Don't mean to high jack your post but on the same lines, do they make a variable to slow the blower motor even more than the one it comes with? Even on low mine concaves the tent walls with the vents open.

You actually want the walls to be "sucked in" when running the fan.

That's called "negative pressure" and is created when the the exhaust is greater than the intake. By having this negative pressure in the tent, it forces all the air through the carbon scrubber that's connected to the fan. If you did not have this negative pressure in the tent, odors would escape through the vents/seems and you'd smell it in the room.

There are growers who place slats or poles horizontally on the sides of the tent to help minimize the loss of space created from the walls getting sucked in.

You could also try a less powerful fan or create some bends in the ducting to reduce the rate of exhaust, if desired.

Back
Top Bottom