Ventilation question / will this work?

da goon

Hello, I'm looking to move indoors and have a question from the gurus on here.

I need to vent 2 tents and I am hoping to do it with one fan. Each tent is 3'x3'x6.5' = 58.5 cf per tent and 117 cf total. The tents have 4" duct ports so I'm thinking of using a 6" can fan rated at 424 cfm with a 6"-4"4" Y connector for the exhaust and a 6" Freshmaker organic air carbon filter made for the exhaust side of the fan. One tent will be using a 400 watt hps with air cooled hood and the other tent will be running a 250 watt mh with non-air cooled hood. Hoping to save some dough on the set up, but don't want to screw it up either. What do you guys think? Will it work?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Almost forgot, I'll be using a dwc set up.
Thanks again

Sounds like it should work,you could add small intake fans in each tent if you need a little more flow. Or just try it, you can add the other fan if necessary.

:welcome: to 420 mag!

There's nothing "engineering-wise" wrong with it, and I hope there's nothing grow-wise wrong either, because I'm planning on doing the same thing, with a slightly different layout. Are you pulling all the air through both tents, or will you use a T-connector between the tents and the filter (one tent on each branch)? Either way will work, I'm just curious.

I plan to pull air from each tent individually with the use of a "y" or "t". Each tent will use passive intakes to begin but may a small boost fan later if I see the need.

Thanks for the reply.
+reps if I can

I plan to pull air from each tent individually with the use of a "y" or "t". Each tent will use passive intakes to begin but may a small boost fan later if I see the need.

Thanks for the reply.
+reps if I can

Awesome. Sounds like a solid setup. I believe you'll have very smooth airflow.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you want to reduce noise on your can fan, get a speed controller. Actually, you should have one of those anyway to increase the lifetime of the fan.

You always need more ventilation. LOL its my motto. Do you plan on using a seperate fan to cool the air cooled light? Intake fans dont help very much. A passive intake is all you need. Exhaust fans are the key. If you can get away with 0 90 degree bends that 1 fan might be enough for both tents but it will depend on the ambient temps of the room those tents are in. Let me give you an example.

I have a 2x4x6 tent with 1 600w air cooled HPS for flower and to keep my tent 6-9 degrees above ambient room temps w/ lights on I have 1 4" inch can fan and filter 1 8" can fan and filter running just to cool the tent the light uses 1 6" can fan.

You will need to experiment with your setup to find what works in your situation.

Thanks for the advice Warbux. I was planning to cool the 400 watt light with an online boost fan, and if that's not enough I can always duct a/c to the tent instead of using passive intake.

Thanks again to all for the input.

Back
Top Bottom