Ventilation question

progoracle

420 Member
I know this is a stupid question but what is the best position to put a fan in a grow room? above the plants on the side or beneath them?
I know that the plant breaths/exhales air from the bottom of the leaves.
Does pushing air from the bottom of my room and up the plant help the plant or does it cause potential problems?

Is the fan for circulation, exhaust, or intake?

Heat rises so your fan sucking air out should be higher than plants our above the light.

Intake should be below or plant level do fresh air travels across the plant.

Circulation should be moving air around the grow space so it stays fresh. I just point mine at the plants.

The fan is for circulation only, i have a separate inline fan and carbon filter removing air from the grow room.
I understand you simply have you fan for circulation pointed at you plants what i am asking is: does anyone know what is the best was to circulate air i a room? from below the plants meaning pushing air underneath the leaves. from above meaning pushing air from above the leaves or from the side so in that scenario half and half.

I know the Stomata's are beneath the leaves so i am thinking that i should circulate air from below the leaves?

Anyone?

I don't think blowing air directly to the underside of the leafs would help, as long as the air around the leafs/plant is recently circulated that should be enough. That said if your fan was placed half way up your tent and given that hot air rises perhaps you could end up with a "pocket" of stale air in the bottom of the tent, not sure just speculating really. The fan also serves the purpose of simulating a natural breeze that strengthens the stems. Surely side on to your plants at a little distance would be best, not if they're to young though.

I run two oscillating fans in my grow tent along with the exhaust fans on the lights.
One fan has adjustable heighth so it's about 36" high the other is on the floor circulating under the leaves

I keep them on at all times. Just be carefull to spot and remove males before the actually flower and send pollen all over your room.(Fan does not help if that happens)

Back
Top Bottom