Ventilation Setup for ~70 CFM Requirement

831born

I'm in the process of setting up a proper ventilation system for my 2.3'x2.3'x5.3' tent. The most important criteria for me is sound (silent is ideal), and accurate air volume flow.

Light: Mars Reflector-96

Reading other posts, i found that i have a ~70 CFM requirement (additional 1.25 - 1.33 to account for a Carbon Filter). After researching different brands and sizes, i'm thinking a 6" Presh Hyper fan (with speed control down to 35%) is likely by best option after retro-fitting duct. It's on the pricey side, but i'll pay to have this system be as quiet as possible. I would run it at the lowest setting option (35%), but i'm afraid it still might be over-kill.

I could use a standard 4" inline with a speed controller, but i can't find a quiet one.

Since my grow space is small, i think running the fan oustide will help with tempurature control.

My question is: Is there an inline fan alternative for such a small space? Something that would makes much less noise? My first thought is to grab a 6" computer fan and use it as a inline fan, but i'm worried it wouldn't create enough air flow using a carbon filter.

Any suggestions/ideas are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom