Very long vegetation

cigo

Hello guys i got two already big plants and they are veging about 10 weeks.
They growing by the window, and everything now belongs from sun time...
So i count that my plants will catch the 12-13 h light period after 14 weeks.
The problem is that can plants survive so long in veg? 24 weeks,and then bloom normaly just by window??
Any suggestions...?

Thanks !

Peace! ;):roorrip:

If they are in big enough containers, then there wouldn't be a problem. You can speed the process up by placing a larg black plastic bag over the plant to simulate darkness, and go 12/12 when ever you want.

yah i was thinking about that but i would need very big bag beucause one of plant size is biig

heigh 92cm
sproud 124 cm
-------------
now i think maybe i should try to do that...24 weeks of vegetation.
but one more problem then :D plants gonne be so big that they eat all windows light ^^
-------------

a trip to the local harware store...

A brown/silver painters tarp, and some 3/4" pvc makes a right fine dark tent.

I know of folks that have kept mothers in veg for over a year, so yes, yours will survive thru the season if it gets everything that it needs. My concern would be the amount of light that they are receiving since it is just from a window. I know where I'm at a plant would not thrive with just window light

I know of folks that have kept mothers in veg for over a year, so yes, yours will survive thru the season if it gets everything that it needs. My concern would be the amount of light that they are receiving since it is just from a window. I know where I'm at a plant would not thrive with just window light
yah i heard about that plant can survive long in veg, but i thout it was lie ... :)
so i got one really big plant and one little bit smaller so big one will be transplanted in-to very big pot about 100 l. should be very big ...
and smaller one i will transplant in-to forrest for out-door grow by the others my plant clones....:) niceeeeee.... all things planed!
thx guys!!! :surf: :yummy::thanks:
--------
btw : i even planed now how i will make that pot!:)
new big pot size will be:
heigh:95 cm
diameter: 65 cm
transplanting will be very hard and difficult...
i will update news and photos to this post!

there is some new ~100 l. home made pot.
with size photos, and new photo of plant.
---------------------------------------
first size picture:
heigh picture
DSC0000710.JPG

sproud picture
DSC0000812.JPG

picture how pot was looking before job...
DSC000017.JPG

cutting...
DSC000029.JPG

spare part for trainwreck growing outdoor.
DSC0000410.JPG

finitoooo! i know it looks like shit but should be overight...
DSC000058.JPG

and inside
DSC000068.JPG

and some view of beuty
DSC000098.JPG

well make sure you leave enough room in the dark tent you make. they grow a bit more in flowering. looks pretty tho. good luck.

I started a group of seeds indoors..the only light was from a window facing south...these seeds germinated in a few days to my surprise, and they quickly outgrew the pots they were in...this was around Christmas 2008..by April 2009 they were getting too big to be indoors..I was amazed they were doing so well with just the light from a window...Well when May came around I noticed a few were flowering...I graduly moved them out into the sunshine..I got sum very nice nugs a few weeks ago...Now i notice they are reversing back into a vegi state...Is there a reason not to allow them to do this ? Or is it ok ? Any suggestions ?

you know they choosing when to bloom or veg by the light sicle and little bit by temperature...you may think why, i think i can answer correctly:
When summer ending then plant need to spread he's seeds this two main factor's showing for plant when summer getting pass'ed...until 06.24 light time is going bigger to 17 h / 24 h per day, after that date light going to 13 h / 24 h per day, this light period became at last month of summer, then plant understand "which date is it...", and then start to bloom.
there is offcourse many other factors, not so important as light period.
, ohhh btw i allmost forgot to answer directly to your question.
when you grow by the window is matter of which side of window is...
you actually should know that sunrise,and sunset angle is changing by the periods of years so your window light period can change not gradually...
example in picture cause hard to explain in words :D
[10 mins after this post i will update the picture]

There you can watch why diffrents months got diffrent light time periods.
Offcourse all numbers, and months isnt written corectly but this is only fo examply to understand this.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures from side:
2l1.jpg

2l2.jpg

2l3.jpg

Pictures from top:

Window gets about 80% of day light period[example: 8h/10h]
light11.jpg

Still about 80%...
light21.jpg

And then 100%!
light31.jpg

I think this will help little bit, i could explain ...but in english is very hard to me.Look to pictures and you definetly should understand why your plant could go to veg again...in reallity angles may changing to other side, periods other and so on you got to calculate all and then grow by window ...
Its much harder to grow by the window , then any other way...this only requires minimum cash.:rollit:
Cause exactly one thing keeps plants alive light, and plants gets not much light by window .
You must know where is sunset,sunrise then calculate all.
:) good luck!

I say absolutely let it go veg! if you were happy with the results of first round. I have plants on the 3rd go around right now in veg, taking clones and getting ready to flower again in a couple weeks.

question?420 family,if youre plants has had a 24/24 light consumption for a period of 12 weeks, and has not shown its sex,or produce a bud.is there a problem? second question. if you try 12/12 cycle with a black plastic bag over it will your plants sufficate in the bag? thank you...........

Back
Top Bottom