VPD Hmmm: Observation

If it was studied by universities. Then that makes it scientific. Which explains my Ah Science comment LMAO. I see theory was the wrong word to use. My knowledge of plants is a lot better then my knowledge of the right words to use.

It is more then we both look at things from different angles. Our minds work totally different lol. Pretty sure we would find differences in almost any conversation. Whats funny is our final goals are similar. We are both trying to do the best for the plants we are growing.

I used to grow with 30 to 40% RH. When I tried my first tent it jumped up to 50 to 60%. I bought more tents and never went back. So "You" are right that better humidity does wonders. I just can't go the full Monty like you do.

Always weird hearing something totally new for growing. So much new stuff out there they say you can't live with out.

I don't have a clue what VPD is let alone test for it. The fact I have did fine up to now tells me it doesn't matter. At least to me and how I do things. For me simplicity is always best.

For every action there is a reaction. I feel if you are monitoring and changing things for one monitor. It might change other things in your grow that will be caught by another monitor. I know hydro guys need to track water real well. Temps are important too. Testing the plants reaction to the light seems a bit much.

Might be why I only used HPS lights for years. I knew they worked and didn't need to test how much light the plant was getting. I know what kind of penetration I can get with them. New COB led's are a lot different. The ones I use were highly recommended so there is no need to test the light any more then I have. Plants grow under them real well.

So tell me. What the hell is VPD? LMAO.
Its kind of bullshit. The supposed "optimum" range has odd, unreachable temp/rh combos. Even the guy that made the chart call3d it unrealistic.

I dont use a chart or consider vpd. Ive written it off as useless and unreliable.

Dukduckgo vpd chart qnd youll find it.
IMO VPD is a good thing to watch, I have fixed many issues by adjusting for VPD. Now of course I cannot get the numbers stated for proper VPD but the closer I get the better my plants respond (indoors).

Ceiling height is my big issue so leaf temp/VPD is always watched here.

Just a beginner but so far no complaints about quality, better than my local shops and they claim 27+% THC when my strains are 14-20% , but still looking to improve...

Back
Top Bottom