VPD vs. humidity?

found out last night it wasn't the controller, he thinks it was a blue lab ph monitor that started the fire. i'm not sure if it was connected or running separate, blue lab has it's own app and could run independent.

was past the point i could edit the original post.
Sounds like bad wiring to me, maybe some bad earthing somewhere? I think every grower who automates should consider investing in a UPS system for the controllers to combat spikes and power outages. It's a components I see lacking in most systems and it is a safety feature in itself.

Sounds like bad wiring to me, maybe some bad earthing somewhere? I think every grower who automates should consider investing in a UPS system for the controllers to combat spikes and power outages. It's a components I see lacking in most systems and it is a safety feature in itself.
Everything in my tent is plugged into a surge protector. CL🍀

Highly recommended. Not only as a safety feature, but to save the expensive equipment of burning out.

Talking about automation, I found out for myself there is no need for expensive systems, though. I don't know how you guys over sea handle with gadgets and systems comming from China, but I've got a very cheap solution around VPD (and other stuff) with components and a specific app provided by suppliers of China - the Tuya app

Highly recommended. Not only as a safety feature, but to save the expensive equipment of burning out.

Talking about automation, I found out for myself there is no need for expensive systems, though. I don't know how you guys over sea handle with gadgets and systems comming from China, but I've got a very cheap solution around VPD (and other stuff) with components and a specific app provided by suppliers of China - the Tuya app
The inkbird wasn’t expensive compared to an automated fan system. Just a couple of a.c. infinity fans plugged into it and you now have an automated system. RH+ temperature. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everything in my tent is plugged into a surge protector. CL🍀

Anything I need that’s electrical, I purchase USA made only, and always go with ratings above what I need. It costs me more for almost everything, but I’ve never had American stuff literally melt and light on fire spontaneously like I have with imported stuff.

Surge protectors, extension cords, timers, lights, environment equipment, etc. It annoys my wife but it would annoy her even more if the house burnt down 😂 she tried buying me an extension cord one time and it’s sat on a shelf collecting dust.. she still talks smack about it 😂

that was the system that burnt down my friends house and grow. he had cameras set up and got to watch it burn in real time from 200km away. it did work great before that.

edit: he actually builds controllers now. i've built some lights for him previous.
That is horrible. Good that no one was there but that's pretty tough to sit and watch your stuff go up in flames and smoke.

I'm thinking you'd advise me to spend the $$ on a fire extinguisher, eh? I've thought about it but never did "just do it". Any advice?

Just watching a YT video "10 Cardinal Rules for Optimal Plant Health".

Dunno what they're selling, but the opening image is a nicer version of Bugbee's 9 parameters with a couple of changes. The speaker cites Bugbee's graphic but they have added "microbes" and "genetics" is spelled out in the stalk of the plant.

Also, Apogee released a product called the "Guardian". With a PAR sensor, it's $997 but add about $100 for ePar. It's not something I could use + it's way out of my price range but it's interesting that Apogee is coming out with an "all in one".

Anything I need that’s electrical, I purchase USA made only, and always go with ratings above what I need. It costs me more for almost everything, but I’ve never had American stuff literally melt and light on fire spontaneously like I have with imported stuff.

Surge protectors, extension cords, timers, lights, environment equipment, etc. It annoys my wife but it would annoy her even more if the house burnt down 😂 she tried buying me an extension cord one time and it’s sat on a shelf collecting dust.. she still talks smack about it 😂
@Bill284 knows what can happen with growing equipment and the light that caught fire was brand new out of the box. Not very many U.S. companies make lights anymore. CL🍀.

Back
Top Bottom