Grow Temperatures VPD Chart Question

I should get infrared thermometer. I did a bit more research and found this. It’s their recommend room temperature for plants with their chart

F4937A30-83D8-4B53-9FDE-AE39E1A059C5.png
10D53B14-1976-4132-A6A3-99E765A6209C.png

Remember they are talking about leaf temperature
Yes that’s why I said core leaf temp is usually 2-3 degrees cooler then the ambient room temp, why I suggested 75-78 degrees ambient room temp, then core leaf temp should be the optimal VPD with 65% humidity. Also recommended him to get the IR thermometer to be 100% sure.

Your numbers match my chart for 65% humidity. I’ll increase the temperature to about 78 F and put humidity at 65%. Do you drop the humidity for the plants on a weekly bases?
No, I leave it the same until I’m ready for flower then I lower to 55% and down to 45% towards the end of flower when buds get bigger.

Since it seems like you're trying to get the perfect environment .... Have you checked your lights for Lux or PAR at the canopy ? You'll need that correct in order to get correct leaf temp as the closer or farther your lights are to the canopy will change those temps.
I start out at 50,000 Lux & work my way up to 70,000 Lux as the plant matures.

Yes that’s why I said core leaf temp is usually 2-3 degrees cooler then the ambient room temp, why I suggested 75-78 degrees ambient room temp, then core leaf temp should be the optimal VPD with 65% humidity. Also recommended him to get the IR thermometer to be 100% sure.

No, I leave it the same until I’m ready for flower then I lower to 55% and down to 45% towards the end of flower when buds get bigger.
I increased my humidity to 65% and temperature to 78 F. Let’s see how the plants respond to this. How do you guys feel about watering before turning off the light for 6 hours. I’m noticing some of soil still damp after 6 hours.

Since it seems like you're trying to get the perfect environment .... Have you checked your lights for Lux or PAR at the canopy ? You'll need that correct in order to get correct leaf temp as the closer or farther your lights are to the canopy will change those temps.
I start out at 50,000 Lux & work my way up to 70,000 Lux as the plant matures.
Hey ,

I have my light at about 24" above the canopy. I’m Keeping it at the closest distance I can because I got tricked with my light. Was advertised as 1200 Watts when the actual is about 150-200 Watts.

Back
Top Bottom