Delps 8 Hydro RDWC Gorilla Glue Autoflower 2021

I suck at growing autos, I can kill or stunt them quickly, working to turn that around.
Autos have a shorter life span but if I can grow'em… ;-)

Ok I’m not boldly stating that dark builds flowers but a photo will never flower without 12/12 and to make photos finish faster we can increase dark period beyond 12 hour nights to 13 or 14 hour nights so in a sense the statement about dark builds flowers is true. Does that make sense? Autos will flower on any light schedule but most do 18/6 to improve yields over 12/12.
OK, got it. Yes, that makes sense. I hand't hear that about photos. My autos are on 18/6 now. I'd switch to 20/0 or xx/yy in a heartbeat to get these guys to done.

Bud washing = 3 buckets. Some use baking soda & lemon juice in first bucket, the other 2 are rinse buckets. I don’t like the baking soda & lemon juice deal but that’s how pro chefs clean veggies for consumption. I do more of a bud soak and hold colas underwater for about 5 minutes then move to the next rinse bucket. Helps if your buckets are white so you can see water clarity, i stop and dump buckets if water gets nasty which it often does. I have a tall 20 gallon rectangular office waste bin that I use for whole plant bud washing, I use a garden tie wire to bind the biomass in narrow shape soak for 5 minutes, dump the water, refill the bin rinse and repeat.
Great info. Three buckets works out fine. Sounds like a solid process.

Yes sir the fact alcohol is needed to clean your trim scissors is proof that trichs are not water soluble. I’m going to drop the link for bud washing just in case, Bud washing it’s a long thread but first page should give the details. It’s easy peazy but it’s evident you are savvy enough to figure anything out!!

Hate this mess for you but you will become a better grower from the experience!
I appreciate that - wisdom gained through experience.

I'll check out the link to bud washing. I sprayed the plants with 16 oz of Safer's yesterday. There were some casualties when I checked this morning but they're still there. The only pruning was to top the plants and remove the underbrush from bottom ⅓ so there's lot and lots and lots of leaves

I drenched the plants but no way could I get to the underside of all of those leaves. So, I've got half…part of a loaf. My thinking is to keep the rest of the ducks in a row, apply Safe's once a week until harvest, and make sure I jump on it immediately if I run into it again.

Day 126 today

After harvesting Joe and Frank over the past few weeks, Hamilton was the next one in the barrel. And Sunday was fun day.

Even the trichs at the lowest part of the stalk looked to be in pretty good shape. They had a light scattering of amber and a decent percentage that were cloudy, so I started in with the shears, removing stems. After cutting a stem, I laid it on the three plastic bags that I'd spread across the hood of the car. After a few minutes I had to stop cutting because I realized that was going to run out of space on the drying rack. When I stopped, almost all of Hamilton had been harvested but I had only removed a few stems from Reynolds, the last plant standing so there's another harvesting session to go.

Bud washing was quick and painless. I used lemon juice and baking soda in the first bucket and plain water for the other other two. After at least 30 seconds in each bucket, I laid everything out on a furniture pad, then into the "drying room", the downstairs half bath adjacent to my office (first floor bedroom) where there's small dehu and a fan.

When this part of the crop dries later this week, I'll harvest the rest of Hamilton and chop Reynolds and call it done.

The bucket with lemon juice and baking soda was almost clear when I started. I can't imagine there's much dust there since the grow was in a garage in a suburb so all of that's from the Safer's soap. Good to see it being left behind.
from the soap
IMG_4130.jpeg

Some big colas but no small, dense nugs. I've tested some of the first plant that I harvested and it does the job. It will be great to have all of this dried and cured. First crop!
IMG_4131.jpeg

Day 126 today

After harvesting Joe and Frank over the past few weeks, Hamilton was the next one in the barrel. And Sunday was fun day.

Even the trichs at the lowest part of the stalk looked to be in pretty good shape. They had a light scattering of amber and a decent percentage that were cloudy, so I started in with the shears, removing stems. After cutting a stem, I laid it on the three plastic bags that I'd spread across the hood of the car. After a few minutes I had to stop cutting because I realized that was going to run out of space on the drying rack. When I stopped, almost all of Hamilton had been harvested but I had only removed a few stems from Reynolds, the last plant standing so there's another harvesting session to go.

Bud washing was quick and painless. I used lemon juice and baking soda in the first bucket and plain water for the other other two. After at least 30 seconds in each bucket, I laid everything out on a furniture pad, then into the "drying room", the downstairs half bath adjacent to my office (first floor bedroom) where there's small dehu and a fan.

When this part of the crop dries later this week, I'll harvest the rest of Hamilton and chop Reynolds and call it done.

The bucket with lemon juice and baking soda was almost clear when I started. I can't imagine there's much dust there since the grow was in a garage in a suburb so all of that's from the Safer's soap. Good to see it being left behind.

from the soap
IMG_4130.jpeg

Some big colas but no small, dense nugs. I've tested some of the first plant that I harvested and it does the job. It will be great to have all of this dried and cured. First crop!
IMG_4131.jpeg
Congratulations on your harvest! And yeah good call with the bud washing

Congratulations on your harvest! And yeah good call with the bud washing
Hey, amigo, I really appreciate your help and input with this grow. I haven't gone back to "check the records" but there were more than a few times when your experience came up with things that I couldn't find anywhere else. Many thanks!

Hey, amigo, I really appreciate your help and input with this grow. I haven't gone back to "check the records" but there were more than a few times when your experience came up with things that I couldn't find anywhere else. Many thanks!
I'm just sorry I fell behind on it, but am glad you had some great support, and a wicked beautiful harvest. If you start a new journal feel free to give me a tag, or if you ever have a question don't be shy to tag me.

There's peace and quiet in the tent now.

I harvested the last plant, Reynolds, a few weeks ago. Everything is in Mason jars with with Boveda bag. The total dry weight for all four plants was over 12 ounces but that wasn't "chock full of nugs" like so many other grows. Still, that's a lot of weed to me.

To "all y'all" — I sincerely appreciate the feedback, comments, help, and suggestions from everyone. It was really helpful to have input from more experienced growers. Lots and lots of things to watch out for! One of the things that hit me during this grow was that, yes, this is farming. Things can go from being completely noneventfull, Maytag repairman-level calm to "Holy shit, a thrip infestation". And it's all up to us on how things turn out.

All in all, this was a very positive experience and…whoa look what happened here! I got an envelope in the mail. Wonder what it could be! It's a small envelope and it's from the Netherlands. How did this happen…it has cannabis seeds in it!

I decided to do another grow pretty soon so I ordered Gelata autos. I've already got some photos but, after this grow with autos, I've decided to do a grow with two gelato autos and then photos in the Fall and Winter.

And it just so happens that I got a new light, too. Funny that! Nothing wrong with the Mars SP3000 but I got a very good price on a ChilLED X3 so that will be in the tent during the next grow.

Thanks for being there.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom