Gorilla Glue Gets Going

Thought I'd post this for posterity. It's light data for this grow.

I put this table together because I see a lot of posts by growers who are unsure about what light levels to use and I'm seeing a lot of growers who stick to a DLI limit of 45 mols for autos.

My approach has changed quite a bit in the 18 months since I started growing again (1 grow in 2017). Even a year and a half ago, I'd watched Bugbee and read some research about giving cannabis "lots of light" but, it wasn't until 6/8/22 that I decided to turn it up to 11 with my grow lights. That's what the "DeBacco University" annotation is about. The graphic below is what caused me to switch my perspective.

1661752202355.png

Having drunk that Koolaid, I've changed my lighting plan and will use these values for my next grow. One issue that I've wrestled with is about switching from Gorilla Glue to another strain - if I'm doing that, I take away any possibility of using this current grow as a baseline.

Yeh, and that's just the way it is. :)

As the saying goes "Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the organism will do as it damn well pleases." Swap out "organism" and insert "cannabis plant" and that's pretty much my thinking about trying to do a "controlled experiment".

Without further ado, the Strawberry Pie seeds will get started in a few days and I'm going to see how things go at 900µmols. :)

1661752284586.png

1661753303313.png

1661753335178.png

Back
Top Bottom