VScrog Stadium Build Help

QuadZilla

This idea isn't entirely new, and I've seen similar things on various sites, but I want to get a firm understanding of what I want, what I need, and how to accomplish those goals before I so much as window shop for parts, strain, etc...

Basic goal is to create a Vertical grow Stadium style with an octagon. I'm attempting to make all build decisions based on facts, not conjecture.

Using a single 1000w bulb suspended in a custom cool tube, i.e. a glass or high temp acrylic tube, assuming a 10-20% light loss as it passes through the enclosure, puts maximum effective range aprox. 22-24''. this means an octagon with side lengths of aprox. 18''. Assuming the effective "width", or in this case "height", of a bulbs light pattern is 36" before intensity drops, we are dealing with aprox. 4.5sq ft per panel. This amounts to 36sq ft in a 4ft' square. Considering that would generally mean a 16'sq, seems like a good deal to me. :tokin:

I know its stupid to make estimates on yield, as its all pure conjecture. But even assuming you can yield the 3/5ths of a high yielding strains advertised gram per sq meter, at an actual yield of 300g, as opposed to the 500-600g claimed, that still works out to aprox. 7lbs. Assuming it was less yet puts 5lbs actual yield into contention. :yahoo:

My thoughts are to place plants 2 per side(well within my legal limits as prescribed), and train them in a zig-zag pattern up the screen, then do a sharp train back down during flower. I have some experience with screens, and know just how full they can get, with only 1-2 months of growth at that.
Here's a Paint sketch of basic idea.
Octa1.jpg

I think the biggest challenge will be air circulation, as with any screen, and timing the plants growth to balance the need for vertical growth with filling in the screen evenly.

I'm looking for any and all input, tear me down and build me up, I'll take any constructive criticism.
My main build concerns are:
1) I was too high when I came up with this, and some of my distances are WAY off
2) Plants wont grow in the desired pattern ill need
3) Hydro vs Soil, done both, I know they have their pros n cons, but can't decide which is better for this grow. Soil can be simpler, but has its own pests and drawbacks, but can be simpler. Hydro has amazing growth potential, but it can all go wrong in an instant, and this will be crazy enough as is.
4) Some big issue I simply overlooked.

:tokin:Please help one and all :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom