War on Drugs POWs

BSGPa

I have a question, probably a dumb one but I'm curious. If the war on drugs is ever ended would they have to release a prisoners with drug convictions? I would have to think so, because the USA declared a war on drug, thus making all prisons of drug convictions POWs.:hmmmm:

I was thinking about this the other day and I was wondering the same thing. think of all the people who have been arrested would they overturn them all even people who already served time? I think this could be one of the reasons they dont legalize it. it would create a big problem.

That's a beautiful thought, but I'm guessing NO.

The specific case that has me most interested is Charles Lynch. He was a MMJ dispensary owner in Morro Bay, CA. The feds raided his place, found him guilty, and he is currently awaiting his sentencing on February 23rd.

What happens to him??? The Obama administration has just confirmed they will not be using federal resources to interfere with state laws. So what does this judge do on the 23rd? Just let him go?

I'm trying to be optimistic.... My guess is that he'll spend some years in the federal prison system for legally easing people's pain. As always, I pray I'm wrong on this.

PS: If you're unfamiliar with his case, check out his website here: www.friendsofccl.com

They will all be released. We just need for the DEA to surrender their battle with the american people.

We all know you can't fight a battle with just soldiers, you have to educate the people your trying to protect. NORMAL has done this. The people are educated, and the results overwhelmingly point to legalization.

Its impossible to change ones belief, if they truely feel their belief is valid.

The belief of the american people is: There is nothing illegal about a marijuana plant, and the new direction is legalization.

Like all P.O.W. camps, ours are filled with our children, fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers, of this unjustifiable war.

:peace:

I'm guessing that since it was illegal when they were arrested that they will stay in jail. They still broke the law kwim?

I'm guessing that since it was illegal when they were arrested that they will stay in jail. They still broke the law kwim?

Yepp your right MissP ;) , that's how those things usually work.
Anyway, I don't know of anyone spending hard time for weed offenses. Last I've heard the most time you could get is for growing plants and that's for 10 years. I don't think many people see half of that time. It'd be nice to see them freed but that's up to the president if he wants to pardon them from prison.

Back
Top Bottom