Watering with 1 gallon pots

norcal

Question for you all. I just transported some cuttlings to a 1 gallon pot. Just curious how often I would need to water them. I guess they would be in the First week of Vegging stage. Please advise, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Question for you all. I just transported some cuttlings to a 1 gallon pot. Just curious how often I would need to water them. I guess they would be in the First week of Vegging stage. Please advise, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, the plants are about 8-10 inches.

Thanks. And how often do you water after watering it thouroughly? These are 1 gallon pots.

No set time frame. I just wait until the pots get light. Might be a couple of days or so. Lift the pots from time to time and you will feel them getting lighter.

VOTE HERE FOR NUG OF THE MONTH!

Thanks. Also I noticed a gnat flying around, just 1 and a lil small spider. Do you have any suggestions on how to protect vegging plants?

Thanks. Also I noticed a gnat flying around, just 1 and a lil small spider. Do you have any suggestions on how to protect vegging plants?

Hang a No-Pest strip in the grow room...works against spider mites too. :)

are knats fruit flys and flys more than a nuisance in a closet grow or any other? they are attracted to my led grow lights. skyhighrobert

gnat larva eat roots- not good. 'mosquito dunks' in the water stops the gnats life cycle.

I water until run off out the bottom so i know the soil is completely wet no dry pockets,then pick up your pot get to know the weight.My 1 couple of weeks in veg they get watered every 3 to 5 days works great for me.:morenutes::lot-o-toke:

I follow my dads watering rule. I've been flushing my plants with 3 times the pot size at each watering. This insures a full flush, draining the salts contained in the nutes, and plant waste build up. I also give them a clean water dousing before adding the water/nute mix.

I use a dry bamboo skewer to check the moisture content, especially in large pots. Just leave it stuck in the plant for about 30 seconds, pull it out and see if it's moist, if not, you know what to do.

Hope this helps

Thanks Guys, really helpful. I have noticed that the bigger the plants get the more flaws, such as leaves curling and getting drier even after recently being watered. and even seeing a couple of leaves with holes. 2 things, lights are t5's so it doesn't get too hot. What temperature and humidity level should a clone/veg room be? Also, I just added a fan and keep it running on low. barely have the leaves on the plants moving. Would this fan be drying the plants out? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Good air circulation is critical for a quality grow for all grow cycles, higher levels of humidity is a good thing for vegging plants/clones, but when initiating the flower cycle, be sure to crank the humidity down if possible...do not mist a flowering plant.

Ideal temp for both cycles is 78F at plant level.

Glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom