Week 5 of Flower - RH / Temp Question

goddessgreen

Growing 3 plants, details below. Considering this is my first grow, I'm fairly impressed by how well everything seems to be going. Much of that can be attributed to the fantastic knowledge shared on this site.

So I'm currently in week 5 of flower. Started with 3 mystery bag seeds in a small tent hoping one would be female. When all three revealed their pistils I didn't have the heart to sacrifice any.

I know I should to reduce the humidity in the tent for these last few weeks, but I want to avoid purchasing a large dehumidifier. I have a small one setup and some damp rid containers scattered about the tent. I've also removed some of the fan leaves to increase air circulation and run my fans 24/7.

I can try moving the setup into a closet space with RH 40-50% but the temperatures are about 10 degrees hotter. So my question is... What would be better, ideal temperatures with elevated RH or higher temperatures and lower (but still not ideal) RH?

Seed type - Some type of hybrid bag seeds, mostly indica
Stage - Day 32 of flowering
Indoor Grow 4x2x5 tent
Soil - Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Happy Frog mix with perlite and dolmite lime
Current pot size - 5 gal smart pots
Light - Marshydro 96 Reflector
Fans - Clip fan blowing on plants & 6" hyperfan with carbon filter for exhaust
Mini dehumidifier (pulling about 6 oz of water every day)
Temp of Room - 68-75 F
RH - 50% - 68%
PH of last runoff - 6.5
Watering - About every 3 days
Nutrients - FF line at half doses every other watering, plus some molasses and epsom salts occasionally

Depends on what you call high temps... I'm new to, but have done 2 full grows. I've grow in close to 80 degrees through flower and got airy fluffy buds. The catch 22 is high humidity will also cause airy fluffy buds (AND bud rot).
If you go to that closet with the higher temp adding CO2 will allow the plant thrive healthy in the higher temp.
A Tank CO2 distribution would be costly for small home growing. I understand they make time release CO2 bags, but I've never used them ,so can't say if they actually work

Humidity I find easy to raise, but to lower not so much. The only good solution is get a good full size room dehumidifier that will adjust the whole room your tent is in.
I got one like that, but my tent is in my and my wife's shared home office and it's noisy enough my wife would tell me she's leaving or the machine is

Back
Top Bottom