Welcome To Our New Sponsor - True North Seed Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I will be happy to address any customer issues and/ or questions as I am taking over this forum account. Please don't hesitate to contact me. Also, please check out the new Customer Help - desk system for any issues or questions as Jack did an awesome job setting it up. Thanks :)
Lauren

The staff at 420 have been aware of the stocking and supply complaints from our members concerning True North. We want all members to know that we have been in contact with both the True North owner and Lauren, their representative here, over the last few weeks.

When our members are unhappy with service from a sponsor, we are unhappy.

We have asked True North to resolve these problems as soon as possible and deal with any complaints speedily and we need to give them the opportunity to do so.

Please be aware, members, that we will continue to monitor the situation very closely on your behalf.
:Namaste:

Hi Everyone.

If you have been following the True North threads you will be aware of, and perhaps have been directly affected by, True North Seedbank's problems with delivery, 'Out Of Stock' listings on their website and a failure to resolve customers' complaints satisfactorily. You may too have seen that we took the unusual step of publicly posting here ourselves to let you know that we were aware of the problems and in touch with True North management.

It appears to us that True North may be leveraging 420 Magazine's reputation via their status as a Sponsor in good standing at the expense of satisfying its obligations.

Whether the root cause of the issues are organizational problems or otherwise, we have advised True North that they have one week to resolve all open complaints or lose their Sponsorship and posting privileges on our site.

We suggest that members wait approximately one week before placing any additional orders with True North. As quickly as possible we will post an update to this thread so that everyone will know the outcome of the issue.

We have great respect for you, our members, and when you speak we listen. It's part of our job. We're pleased and grateful that you have brought this issue to our attention. Thank you.

Greenest Regards to you all,

Your 420 Moderating Team

Hi Everyone

We promised to keep you updated on the True North situation. We have spoken directly now with the True North owner. He has talked us through each of the issues that the business has had and we are satisfied that he has done, and continues to do, all he can to rectify the situation.

Specifically we are pleased to tell you that the root of many of the problems - the 'out of stock' listings on True North's website - is, we understand, fixed. Their site is now synchronized with their each of their suppliers. As a result it is automatically updated for in/out of stocks every hour.

There is also a new management team in place with, we're told, experienced individuals looking after both the sales and distribution sides.

Finally, the owner has told us that he will be offering a compensation package to each member here who has been let down or inconvenienced. He will be in contact with each of you individually very soon.

We will of course continue to monitor the situation, and pending a satisfactory outcome, we are happy to tell you that 420Magazine's relationship will continue with True North as a sponsor. If there are any future issues, we know that you, our members, will inform us. And if you have good experiences with True North from now on, it would be encouraging to hear those too!

Greenest Regards to all,

The 420Magazine Moderation Team

No they have not, I trusted you guys. Now its been 9 days since ive payed for the seeds and I don't even have a tracking number. Other seed companies id already have my seeds by now. Drop this mediocre scamming company please and stop hurting your members.

I feel your pain Mike, I'm having the same issue. It's been 11 days since I ordered and was promised an update three days ago, been told various different things when I have called. Was told it would ship this week and it has not and today is Friday Jan 1st so I'm sure they are closed for the holiday and weekend. This means that were probably talking 2 weeks since I ordered and that's if they ship on Monday. I really want what I ordered but fear I'm going to have to file a claim with my credit card company in the next few days.

Sorry Teddy, it appears they haven't solved their logistical and customer service problems.

I feel your pain Mike, I'm having the same issue. It's been 11 days since I ordered and was promised an update three days ago, been told various different things when I have called. Was told it would ship this week and it has not and today is Friday Jan 1st so I'm sure they are closed for the holiday and weekend. This means that were probably talking 2 weeks since I ordered and that's if they ship on Monday. I really want what I ordered but fear I'm going to have to file a claim with my credit card company in the next few days.

Sorry Teddy, it appears they haven't solved their logistical and customer service problems.

We have been keeping on top of all emails and they are up to date. We have been in and out of the office over the holiday season. Please send me an email and I will be happy to give you an update. Looking forward to your reply.

Order less than $200 worth and don't purchase insurance and I am certain there is better than a 50/50 chance you'll never see a seed. Maybe a torn up "Seed" DVD case. Be real easy to pocket the cash, no insurance, sorry we sent your seeds in a strain hunters seed dvd and customs must have got em. How are you going to know? My other orders were insured and arrived without issue, excluding the last order which was placed on 12/18 and I still have no shipping confirmation, only another email saying we're sorry, the holiday has put us behind schedule, we will be shipping your seeds early next week along with some free crappy canuk seeds, which is what they offered for the uninsured missing seeds. If I wanted canuk seeds, I would have ordered them. The last email was received 1/8 from Lauren stating "This should be shipping out early next week. We apologize for the delay as we were in and out of the over over the Dec Holidays. We have added extra seeds to your order for the delay. Soon as it ships, we will send your tracking information.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know and I will be happy to help:) Thanks for the email, it is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Lauren A.
Customer Service Manager"

Still no word or shipping info. Never again. I build legal grows for MMJ patients and spent just under $5k last year establishing small seeds banks for my clients and this is the only time I've never received what I ordered, my fault, no insurance. :( and yes, I did have it highlighted on the site because I always insure, but I left the shopping cart to go back and add to the order and I guess the memory didn't work because the shipping method went back to the default setting and I didn't check it. Beware, just my 2 cents, there are many seed companies out there that deserve your business!

Hey not just corn! I have to agree with you here. I always try to do business with our sponsors on here. But my last two orders with True North have not been delivered correctly. On both orders I received standard seeds instead of the auto flower varieties that I ordered. Both orders were shipped very late. The first one I had to ship back because I didn't get any of the seeds that I ordered and what I received totaled about 80 bucks less than what I paid. I had to return that order at my expense. They said they would send me extra free seeds to make up for my inconvenience. They sent about 3 extra seeds. I still had to take replacement varieties. This last order placed in October again wasn't received correctly. I received standard seeds instead of auto flowers. I was really frustrated with this one because I called the order in. I made sure that all of the seeds were in stock for immediate shipment because I was moving and I wanted to make certain that I would get them before we left. I had to go from variety to variety because their website said a variety was in stock but I was told again and again that they would have to get them from their warehouse. So I was really disappointed when I got regular seeds instead of what I ordered. I have been a big supporter on 420 for True North. The folks that I have spoken with have always been polite friendly and professional. However they just don't deliver as promised. I believe that their single biggest problem is not keeping up to date information on their website as to what is actually in their hands ready to ship. I don't count something as "in Stock" when they have to contact some place over seas and have it shipped to them and then shipped to me. ( A process that can take a month or more) Just recently I got a 20 % off offer from them for January. They were also promoting a free seeds offer from a breeder I called and almost all of the varieties from that breeder were not in stock! I'm not willing to go down that road again. I really wish that they would get their website inventory control issues solved. The folks are great...the company isn't. Best of luck in all you grow!

They came recommended to me by a few local growers that have used them from time to time. Of the three growers, only one had problems but it was a order that was not insured and the result was the same. Oh, we're sorry but no insurance, no seeds but we can send you some Canuk seeds to compensate. Seems strange that the only orders not received are the non-insured ones. Not sure why but seems like a very sad coincidence or just underlying crookedness of people taking advantage of a situation that favors them, IE what complaint do you have other than to trust these companies to deliver and do what they say. On the True North website, this is what the answer is for "Is your shipping discreet"?

"7. Is your shipping discreet?

Of course! All of our packages are shipped very discreetly and your package may be shipped many different ways. The customer’s name and address and a return address are the only info on the parcel.

For that extra discretion and a complete peace of mind we offer and strongly recommend purchasing an optional Guaranteed Delivery Insurance (for extra CA$15 we will re-ship your parcel until you receive it) and one of our EXTRA SAFE Shipping products. You'll be able to add these products in the cart or checkout."

Says we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you purchase extra insurance. Seems like they are used to having problems and you should expect them. Why not just charge the extra $15 and guarantee everything?

Again, beware as the actions of these folks is predictable. Warning signs? Items don't get shipped until you call and bitch about where the order is. If your seeds are out of stock, you should know that immediately within your websites cart or inventory and the customer should either know before the order that there is a problem or very soon after.

On a lighter note, there are some seed banks that are promoted here on 420mag forums that are fantastic.

Order less than $200 worth and don't purchase insurance and I am certain there is better than a 50/50 chance you'll never see a seed. Maybe a torn up "Seed" DVD case. Be real easy to pocket the cash, no insurance, sorry we sent your seeds in a strain hunters seed dvd and customs must have got em. How are you going to know? My other orders were insured and arrived without issue, excluding the last order which was placed on 12/18 and I still have no shipping confirmation, only another email saying we're sorry, the holiday has put us behind schedule, we will be shipping your seeds early next week along with some free crappy canuk seeds, which is what they offered for the uninsured missing seeds. If I wanted canuk seeds, I would have ordered them. The last email was received 1/8 from Lauren stating "This should be shipping out early next week. We apologize for the delay as we were in and out of the over over the Dec Holidays. We have added extra seeds to your order for the delay. Soon as it ships, we will send your tracking information.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know and I will be happy to help:) Thanks for the email, it is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Lauren A.
Customer Service Manager"

Still no word or shipping info. Never again. I build legal grows for MMJ patients and spent just under $5k last year establishing small seeds banks for my clients and this is the only time I've never received what I ordered, my fault, no insurance. :( and yes, I did have it highlighted on the site because I always insure, but I left the shopping cart to go back and add to the order and I guess the memory didn't work because the shipping method went back to the default setting and I didn't check it. Beware, just my 2 cents, there are many seed companies out there that deserve your business!

As our policy stats, we cannot reship items unless the shipping insurance is purchased. We offered to work with you and at least send something out to you in good faith.

Hey not just corn! I have to agree with you here. I always try to do business with our sponsors on here. But my last two orders with True North have not been delivered correctly. On both orders I received standard seeds instead of the auto flower varieties that I ordered. Both orders were shipped very late. The first one I had to ship back because I didn't get any of the seeds that I ordered and what I received totaled about 80 bucks less than what I paid. I had to return that order at my expense. They said they would send me extra free seeds to make up for my inconvenience. They sent about 3 extra seeds. I still had to take replacement varieties. This last order placed in October again wasn't received correctly. I received standard seeds instead of auto flowers. I was really frustrated with this one because I called the order in. I made sure that all of the seeds were in stock for immediate shipment because I was moving and I wanted to make certain that I would get them before we left. I had to go from variety to variety because their website said a variety was in stock but I was told again and again that they would have to get them from their warehouse. So I was really disappointed when I got regular seeds instead of what I ordered. I have been a big supporter on 420 for True North. The folks that I have spoken with have always been polite friendly and professional. However they just don't deliver as promised. I believe that their single biggest problem is not keeping up to date information on their website as to what is actually in their hands ready to ship. I don't count something as "in Stock" when they have to contact some place over seas and have it shipped to them and then shipped to me. ( A process that can take a month or more) Just recently I got a 20 % off offer from them for January. They were also promoting a free seeds offer from a breeder I called and almost all of the varieties from that breeder were not in stock! I'm not willing to go down that road again. I really wish that they would get their website inventory control issues solved. The folks are great...the company isn't. Best of luck in all you grow!

For any issues with your order(s), please email me directly and I will be happy to help. We will always refund the shipping cost.

Got my order in today. It was about 27 days from the date of the order to the date of arrival with both Christmas and the New Years holidays so as impatient as I was it wasn't too bad.

Everything I ordered arrived just fine and in original breeders packaging. I got several freebies instead of just the 1 it let me pick so that was nice even though two were crushed but, hey, they were free and I still have 3 free ones that look fantastic.

I think I would order from True North again but would call and just get stuff that's in stock and ready for immediate shipment.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom