Well Shoot!

ZombieGrown

So yesterday I fed my plants some Dolomite, wood ash, and 5gal of fish emulsion/calmag/molasses/kelp liquid, and promptly went out to dinner with my wife. We come home and my Mastif/Lab Dexter is acting like he's got a ton of energy, so we take him for a walk to burn some off. Fast forward to later, I notice the twine I put across the top of my low cedar fence to keep the dogs out was broke, so I immediately know Dexter was over there, and what I found made me quite angry and sad. Needless to say he got a spanking and a scolding.

The worst part is the knot from the broken branch pulled out of the trunk leaving a void. I'm afraid I'm going to lose the plant, or have it get rot in the stem and ultimately lose it anyway. Thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile943578746.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1718130492.jpg

Re: Well Sh!t...

Plants are very strong their instinct is to survive regardless of how much damage your dog did it could always be a lot worse I cut down one of the trees that I had with a chainsaw because it was too big to pull two years later it had a whole new Bush growing out of it again so if you give that Branch time it will fill out again there's plenty of energy stored in the roof and little green note areas that I can see that will start to flower and come out branches once again I like your post and the one thing I want everybody to know is a broken branch on a tree is no different than a broken arm on you or me it will heal itself very quickly most of the time a tree will heal itself within 3 to 5 days

Plants are very strong their instinct is to survive regardless of how much damage your dog did it could always be a lot worse I cut down one of the trees that I had with a chainsaw because it was too big to pull two years later it had a whole new Bush growing out of it again so if you give that Branch time it will fill out again there's plenty of energy stored in the roof and little green note areas that I can see that will start to flower and come out branches once again I like your post and the one thing I want everybody to know is a broken branch on a tree is no different than a broken arm on you or me it will heal itself very quickly most of the time a tree will heal itself within 3 to 5 days

Agree. A weed is called a weed for a reason.

As far as the damage goes that looks like something a cat would do. If you have incontrovertible evidence that Dexter is the culprit, I would say in his defense that he was clearly super fimming and it just got out of hand.

Yeah, it was defiantly the dog, he also ate about a quart of the dirt too, lol. That branch is about 1/2" thick too, so it was a decent sized limb. But yeah, the plant seems unphased by the damage, so I think she will heal well.

My actual job is I am a breeder and when I breed a strain there is one thing I am known to do and that's I want to know how much stress that one particular strain can take before it hermaphrodite to see if I need to make it more stable or not so if I can put those plants through that much stress not kill them not hermaphrodite them your plant is a okay and ready to go it's not much different than going outside and trimming a tree he just turned a little too much he ate the dirt because he had the munchies I'm sure he learned his lesson or found something new to do

Back
Top Bottom