Wet buds! Help?

Dankdeadhead

Hey everyone, time is closing in on me and Mrs urkel has got to be dried by tommorow afternoon. Her leaves are still kinda wet( I just checked) and am wondering if it would be alright to start the curing if the herb is still alittle damp? Any info would be great, thanks everyone ! :peace:

Re: Wet buds!?! Help?!?

Thats asking for mold dude... I wouldn't risk it. If you have an oven with a pilot light... spread them out on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven... the pilot light should warm the air... the gas flame will dry the air. Prop the door open about an inch so you can exchange air and depending on density, amount etc you'll get dry quick. You can set an electric oven to warm, you want to keep the temperature no more than 150 to avoid damage. Quick drying is harsh on em though... Nothing smokes like slow dry and slow cure.

I dried bud in a micro wave once... I don't recommend it.. but it was dry.

not sure how much smoke you have, but small amounts can easily be dried in the microwave.

the method i use is to take a piece of paper towel, fold it up and put in the bottom of a tuperware container, chop your weed up into smallish chunks, and put in the center of the paper towel, take a second piece of paper towel and wet it through, you want it to be wet, but not so that it is dripping everywhere, put it over the top of the tuperware container and press the center to give it a bit of slack, place the lid on and close 3 corners, leaving the 4th lifted slightly. put in the microwave for 25-30 seconds at 40% power, then take out and open the lid and lift the wet towel, let the steam come out, wait 5-10 secs, repeat. you will have to do this 6 or 7 times even 8 if you put a lot in, feel the weed towards the end, you will feel it get dry to the touch, be sure to split a bud with your fingers so you can feel if the center is done too. you may need to dampen the towel again half way through, oh and 1 other thing to watch for is the center of the bottom towel can get with with condensation from the bottom, replace if needed.

im bad for picking bud right off the plant, and this method works well for me and creates a less harsh smoke than just chucking it in the microwave at 100% power.

might want to try it with enough for 1 joint first so you can get a feel for it.

hahaha! If I remember correctly, it turned out to be fine and the buds were dank...

Back
Top Bottom