what a crock...i have spidermites

albertgrow123

i am currently growing out a cheese,doing really well and have never had spidermite before,someone persuaded me to take a lemon skunk on board,so being a greedy fuck i took it,i noticed how slow it was growing...went into my grow room the other morning,and low and behold i had mites running up and down under my leaves,when i wipped them away they left a brown stain on my finger(probably mite brains or something),now the questions i need answers for is....,the repellent i got was multi-bug remover,and included was red spider mite remover,would this get rid of all type of spider mite,i also have growing edge technologies neem oil,not tried yet,but would anyone suggest what for me to do,i am currently 4 weeks in veg??,also once you have spidermite,will i always have spidermite...no matter how many times you clean the room.

hope someone can help

as on worried customer!!!

peace
albertgrow123:thanks:

Search FORBID or FLORAMITE on ebay.

DD

spray neem oil mixed as per bottle and a couple drops of dish soap on underside of leaves every three days, at least three times. make sure to spray neem off of plants after third application ( ie 2 days after) also get a vapona strip in grow area. make sure to turn fans off in dark period and let vapour work. when bugs are gone, apply neem every couple weeks as precautionery measure, spray with clear water in off weeks. keep humidity over 60%. lower temps will slow the life cycle down. i use a pressure spayer with a wand to get right under the leaves, and use as much pressure without damaging plants.

I've never had mites on my herb garden *KNOCK ON WOOD*, but I did on some strawberries once.

They hate high humidity and low temperatures. If you have either of those, it'll drive them off.

I used a "cold-air" humidifier, and tented the plants off with a garbage bag, and misted the buggers out, since I'm not fond of eating (nor smoking) pesticides, less the plant supplied them itself. It worked fine for the berries, and I hadn't seen them since.

Good luck. Mites can be beast.

hi people,thanks for the replies,for some reason i went the cheap route and got some organic bug free from b&q,man the plants hated it,they look terrible,new growth shrivveled,fan leaves deteriorated,and this stuff was supposingly cheap,i have just bought the gowing edge technologies neem oil of e-bay,so fingers crossed i can get rid of the little shites!!!

cheers people
:thanks:

albertgrow123

to prevent one of those little bastards from ever even climbing the plant try Tanglefoot, stops them before neem is needed. It's almost like glue and is safe/organic to use, no chemicals. Good growing, peace...

I have used SNS 217 before I had a minor infestation on my mothers a few months ago, this stuff got rid of mostly all of them. The SNS 217 doesn't solve the problem completely unless you are able to have every spot on the plant covered with it which is difficult depending on how big your plants are.

I also use Doktor doom spray, its a never ending battle I think they are becoming immune to some things I definatley need to switch my methods if i want to completely get rid of them. When I transplant my clones I may have to dunk them in some insecticidal soap from what I hear people are doing but I have never tried it. Also gonna bomb the room with the doktor doom fogger. Right now i feel like I have the mites under control but they are still there.

Back
Top Bottom