What are lumens?

Relvious420

Hey, I read in some of the other forums about things called lumens. What are these lumens? Also, I've got a few new sprouts in my basement (Yes, my mom knows, :) we smoke together) and they're growing just fine with a desk lamp that i rigged to the ceiling. It's cool, it can rotate and stuff, but it's just a 60 watt regular lightbulb. So why exactly is a halogen light thats like, 400 watts better? They seem to be growing just fine. If anyone can answer these, it would be nice.
Peace,
Relvious

Yeah, i already transplanted most of them outside, but i still have a few under the 60 watt. I'll go transplant tomorrow, its a little late right now. Thanks for the advice, whenever you come back, tell me about lumens. Thanks man.

Yea desk lamp baaad. Halogen light baaad too. If youre really interested in an indoor grow your going to either want a lot of fluoros, a hps light (high pressure sodium), or a MH light (metal halide)

Lumens are a measure of light. Dont know a whole lot about Lumens themselves but you want approximately 3,500-5,000 lumens per plant. hope that helps. -Hood

Back
Top Bottom