What are the hairs on bud?

weezyfasheezy

I'm wondering what exactly the hairs on bud are. I know they're not really important since they don't cantain much thc, but why do they grow on the buds?

MajorBongHit said:
What?!?! Really? Damn I learned something new today. Haha.
I felt the same way, I never knew what they where for, thanks for the info, you get a rep point!:allgood: :bongrip:

I always thought they were like....One of the best parts about the bud haha. Like if you smoked a whole bowl of hairs you'd be stoned silly wizzy... Guess not lol.

The hairs (pistils) often start out a very light green or white color . Go to your local electronics store and get yourself a magnafying glass ( at least a 30x magnafication ) and watch colors change during budding . When aprox 50 % or half of them change to amber in color , then it's time to pick . Remember that the longer you let it go . The more your buds will degrade ... hope that helps .....:smokin:

I always wanted to know that myself...

I learned something new today :D

MajorBongHit said:
I always thought they were like....One of the best parts about the bud haha. Like if you smoked a whole bowl of hairs you'd be stoned silly wizzy... Guess not lol.

Me and you would be disappointed together! lol I thought the same thing!!

CubsRule420 said:
Thanks for posing the question, I learned something new. Does anybody know if they change the flavor?
Pick your buds early and you don't get all the taste .......pick late and you lose taste as your buds are starting to degrade . Like I said , watch the color of the hairs to determine when it's time to harvest . :smokin:

Pick your buds early and you don't get all the taste .......pick late and you lose taste as your buds are starting to degrade . Like I said , watch the color of the hairs to determine when it's time to harvest . :smokin:

Just curious, how often do you see degraded bud?:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sinsemilla is bud from a unfertalized female marijuana plant. Basically bud with no seeds and lots of resin. These type of buds are alot more hairy looking than seeded bud. They were also better preserved so the hairs did not get damaged as much. Its only been around since the seventies. The average person also knows little about pot and all they see is hairs. I thought this too at one time before I started learning more about 420 info.

They've gotta have some effect. I mean it's something that can be smoked and I remember one time I had some really fucking orange bud and whenever I would grind it there would be just tons of orange that would separate from the greens. So I put some aside and rolled a little j with it, tasted kinda sweet but I don't know about the effects b/c it was such a little amount and I had already been smoking.

Me and you would be disappointed together! lol I thought the same thing!!

me three i thought the more hair the beter the high you learn something new everyday

They've gotta have some effect. I mean it's something that can be smoked and I remember one time I had some really fucking orange bud and whenever I would grind it there would be just tons of orange that would separate from the greens. So I put some aside and rolled a little j with it, tasted kinda sweet but I don't know about the effects b/c it was such a little amount and I had already been smoking.

must of been a mentlal thing...last time i check pistals contain no thc and serve for catching polle..not for getting you stoned

It stands to reason ....more hairs = more flowers. More flowers = potentialy more area for tricombs . So , in a sense ..... more hairs are better than less.:headbanger: :allgood: :bong:

Back
Top Bottom