What are the red stems from?

Apexsmoker420

So I’m wondering why the stems are red what deficiency is going on here!?!
1108EEEF-E3C9-4498-B75B-2FAF77B7BEED.jpeg
68021D7D-25E0-47A2-860D-BEBF8AF64FC5.jpeg
EA0DC728-DACF-4E49-8196-E971FBA18634.jpeg

Could be a phosphorous deficiency, either because there isn't enough present, it is not in a form that is readily accessible, temperature is too low (causes issues with uptaking the element).

There is also a genetic trait that causes "purpling" in cannabis, although I do not know if it is exactly that or it's a case of the thing causing the plant to have issues with accessing/using phosphorous.

There may be other causes (for example, I think a magnesium deficiency might cause purple stems but you'd probably be seeing other symptoms with that, and increased levels of anthocyanin probably would, but I don't think that's especially likely with cannabis plants), but those two are, as far as I know, the most common.

You can try adding a little Epsom salt to your water to see if it's a magnesium issue (Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and available in every drug store / pharmacy and almost every grocery store that I've ever looked in for the stuff). I suppose you could also use a "Ca/Mg" product, but the ratio of those two elements is also important, and if the plants are lacking in Mg but have plenty of Ca, then it might not help a great deal to add more of both of them.

Err... As usual, this post is "IMHO." Your mileage may vary ;) .

I
Could be a phosphorous deficiency, either because there isn't enough present, it is not in a form that is readily accessible, temperature is too low (causes issues with uptaking the element).

There is also a genetic trait that causes "purpling" in cannabis, although I do not know if it is exactly that or it's a case of the thing causing the plant to have issues with accessing/using phosphorous.

There may be other causes (for example, I think a magnesium deficiency might cause purple stems but you'd probably be seeing other symptoms with that, and increased levels of anthocyanin probably would, but I don't think that's especially likely with cannabis plants), but those two are, as far as I know, the most common.

You can try adding a little Epsom salt to your water to see if it's a magnesium issue (Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and available in every drug store / pharmacy and almost every grocery store that I've ever looked in for the stuff). I suppose you could also use a "Ca/Mg" product, but the ratio of those two elements is also important, and if the plants are lacking in Mg but have plenty of Ca, then it might not help a great deal to add more of both of them.

Err... As usual, this post is "IMHO." Your mileage may vary ;) .

Thank you. This was after almost two weeks of flushing, day of harvest.

Back
Top Bottom