Red stems

biggabud86

420 Member
Is it normal my rainbow cake cake to have red stems

20230702_113752.jpg

Red stems is not usually a problem but *can* be a sign of P def
I am starting to suspect that some of these red or purple stems we see are being caused by the red diodes in our flowering lights.

Noticed in the photo above that the red is showing up on the stems (petioles) of the leaf and some of the small thin stems coming off the main stem. The main stem is still looking very green.

I am starting to suspect that some of these red or purple stems we see are being caused by the red diodes in our flowering lights.

Noticed in the photo above that the red is showing up on the stems (petioles) of the leaf and some of the small thin stems coming off the main stem. The main stem is still looking very green.
That is plausible rationale and a thought worth holding, but looking at the overall condition of the plant, I don't think that is entirely what we are seeing here

That is plausible rationale and a thought worth holding, but looking at the overall condition of the plant, I don't think that is entirely what we are seeing here
I have to agree with you, if you look at the bottom fans there’s definitely something else going on. CL🍀

I have to agree with you, if you look at the bottom fans there’s definitely something else going on. CL🍀
It was currently potted with another photo only separated other day did end up breaking some roots have give a bit of super thrive and rhootonic in with neuts feed yesterday the other strains is not red stems only the 2 rainbow cake strains

I usually check soil pH @ first the sign of problems that usally gives me a good place to start before I start dumping nuits to them because without a test it's just a roll of the dice on what the plants telling you other than HELP!!!!!✌️
I was putting in a 5.8 and tested my drain off and it was 5.2 so upped it to 6.0 then my return comes bk between5.5 n 5.6

I was putting in a 5.8 and tested my drain off and it was 5.2 so upped it to 6.0 then my return comes bk between5.5 n 5.6
Im in soil I run 6.8 but that's just what I do I and if it's not pH move on to the next thing to much water to little? Keep going with the easy stuff first and rule all that out then go after the nuts but that's just what I do I don't use chemical nutrients so it might be a little different for me hope you get your issue corrected before it travels to other parts of the plant✌️

Ok there’s something that might explain your symptoms…. for coco / hydro formats the ph of your feed water should be set at 5.8 but for a true soil grow the ph of your water should be set to 6.3…

when the ph is off then your nutrients are coming in out of range for the plant to properly benefit from them

don’t worry about the ph of your runoff - if you are adjusting ph then mix up your nutes and adjust ph right before pouring it on your plant

I do test my run off and ppm to se what plants taken more of at different stages and the ph adjustments are made in making the neuts up my range is 6.8 for veg then 6.9 for flower but I vary on my run off no higher than 6.2 I would put my pH levels tbh pal all through my cycle 👍

Back
Top Bottom