What can I do to preserve my plants - Ready to harvest but I can't get to them

jessikerz

My plants have almost all cloudy trichomes and they are at their peek harvest time, and will turn (trichomes) amber before I am able to get to them to cut them down. We trim wet because we use a trimming machine, so I can't just cut them and hang them. I can't get there to do it until Saturday (today is monday), and I need to know if there is anything I can do, such as turning off the lights for the next 5 days, or what, to keep my plants "frozen" in their current state of peek harvest freshness? If I keep them in their current 12/12 light schedule for these next 5 days, they will surely be ruined, meaning the trichomes will turn amber, degrading the THC, getting rid of the psychoactive "high", and increasing the CBD, causing the tranquilizing effect. So I need to know what I can do to hold them off from turning in the next 5 days. My buddy told me to turn off the lights, even though that would mean they would sit in total darkness for the next 5 days?? Would that be ok to do? We run an octopot hybrid system that's both soil and hydroponic, like a wick system, where the plants are in net pots Filled with soil but suspended in individual nutrient-rich water reservoirs so their roots are submerged in the hydro solution, and that's how their fed, thru the bottom. I've been flushing them for a little over a week now with plain RO water and heavy finish solution to leech all the nutes out. Don't know if any of this is relevant. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: What can i do to preserve my plants because they are ready to harvest but i cant

Hi
and welcome to the :420:.
Usually it is 48 hrs darkness.. MAX 72hrs.. so 5 days sounds too much.

Re: What can i do to preserve my plants because they are ready to harvest but i cant

OK so is there anything I can do to keep the plants from turning before sat? I have a family emergency and I can't get to the plants till sat, but had originally planned on cutting them down yesterday, so that's my issue. Any longer under the lights and the trichomes are going to go from cloudy to amber, and I DON'T want that to happen!

Hi
and welcome to the :420:.
Usually it is 48 hrs darkness.. MAX 72hrs.. so 5 days sounds too much.
OK so is there anything I can do to keep the plants from turning before sat? I have a family emergency and can't get to the plants to cut them down until sat, but originally planned on cutting them yesterday. One more day and the trichomes are going to turn from cloudy to amber and i DON'T want that to happen!

I haven't read anything about that so I can't help. But I called out for some experts my super friends to see if they can help out.:Namaste:

A couple of ideas: Can you purchase a digital timer with at least a 1 week setting, and set it to shut off in 2 days? Are you able to raise the light, really high above the plants? Just enough light to keep them going, but a small enough amount to stop progressing. Then maybe consider chilling your medium.

Coming in too late to help but really interested in how it turns out! Thanks to everyone who responded in time!:high-five:

And welcome Jessikerz. :welcome: Great question. I hope you decide to stick around.

A couple of things from your post to point out:
First, I'm pretty sure you meant CBN not CBD that forms as THC degrades.
Second, I won't question your choice to harvest with zero amber (although you are first person I've met that does as far as I know.) I just want to understand how much difference it actually makes for you. I'm experimenting with different levels of amber. I suspect I will prefer less amber to avoid cloudy tranquilizing high.

Here I am welcoming you and then giving you the third degree! Sorry for that. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Back
Top Bottom