What is this?

Alec73

420 Member
Seed sprouted a couple days ago and only produced one cotyledon which looks like two of them fused. Seedling isnt growing a whole bunch up top but roots are growing normally

Attachments

• 20190101_130417.jpg
    20190101_130417.jpg
    737.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190101_130423.jpg
    20190101_130423.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 33
Take that sac off the cotyldons, then they will open up...

I bet there is a film covering the cotyldons, Peel it off...

Well just gave that a try. It feels and looks like it's just leaf. I'm afraid to damage it if there's nothing wrong. Tried to take a better pic to see what you think

Attachments

• 20190101_132807.jpg
    20190101_132807.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 29
an oddity,, never seen that one tho,, for sure looks like all leaf,, i would not doubt it will throw out leaves and be mostly normal, eventually,, but might take a bit,,

will be neat to see

cheers

It might have just come up with one...
Often if seeds not planted deep enough it can come out with seed still attached or sac still around leaves.. I cant really make out pics (shit phone) I just thought this might have been the case...

I've tried to research about this before posting. Theres not much information on this. Everyone else says the same thing as you did. Seems a little stunted other than the roots. I'll keep her alive and post updates throughout the grow. Thank you very much for your help

And further note I'm growing in 5 gallon dwc. Started from PhD rockwool cube. I've grown for a while now but never had any problems so I'm still a newbie to this. All other grows were in soil

i was part of a thread just a bit ago with plant with both cotl leaves joined together,, and i suggested he cut it in half a bit and watch.. he did, but i have not seen it in a bit,, his a bit dif than yours,, but all kinds of oddities,, one coty to three cotys, four probably even

tho as mentioned,, i have not seen your situation exactly before,, celebrate it's weirdness,,

Ive got seeds I made, stuffed them up somehow (inbreeding, bad selection etc etc) that have close to 33℅ three leaf cotyldons, 33% twins and 33℅ normal... What happens when you get a painter think he knows plant biology :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom