What size pot should I use? -Soil grows-

stikeegrnlf

That's a good question to ask before anyone starts a grow. I have read on these boards that one gallon/1 foot of plant height is a good ratio. However, I have noticed with my grows that the roots have already started to grow through the holes at the bottom of my pots already, and my plants are only about 8-10 inches tall. I use 5 gallon buckets, and 5 gallon pots. Have any of the more experienced growers observed this too? I have noticed also in many pics on this site that some great looking plants with fat bud are growing in relatively small pots. How long before root bind becomes a problem? Thanks in advance.
Stikee

2.5 gallons to 5 gallons is a good size. You transplant when the roots can be seen at the drain holes at the bottom. Many people promote a lil rootbound before they transplant to save space and some believe it can help promote a bushier plant. I read a article in a mag once that talked about this method but don't really believe in it. ( It could be true but I don't really know)
Just try and remember that the roots grow in correspond to how large the canopy is.(Larger plant. larger root system)

Back
Top Bottom